SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation market is witnessing double-digit growth rates. Threat actors' continuous development of new techniques to overwhelm their target's defenses and improve effectiveness of their DDoS attacks in terms of scale, frequency, stealth, and sophistication, are factors driving rapid growth. These attacks have become more extensive and are testing the limits of existing DDoS mitigation tools and practices, as well as affecting online businesses globally. As a result, advanced new solutions are required to address long-standing DDoS challenges successfully.
Frost & Sullivan's, DDoS Mitigation Global Market Analysis, Forecast to 2021, finds that the market generated a revenue of $816 million in 2016 and is expected to register a CAGR of 17.1 percent through 2021. The study also examines current and existing market developments, drivers, restraints, and revenue forecast across segments.
To access more information on this analysis, please visit: https://goo.gl/B21dAi
"More frequent DDoS attacks and actors' tendency to attack the same target repeatedly, is driving the need for DDoS response preparedness with high demand for DDoS mitigation appliances and services," said Frost & Sullivan Network Security Senior Industry Analyst Chris Rodriguez. "Assessing and quantifying the potential cost of a DDoS attack will make it easier to justify the investment and aids the development of a DDoS response and preparedness plan."
Developments and trends driving growth in the global DDoS mitigation market include:
- Threat actors targeting enterprise organizations of all sizes and in every vertical;
- High demand for DDoS mitigation solutions in enterprise and service provider organizations;
- Mitigating complex risk through a combination of security tools, products, and services;
- Emergence of new attack techniques and continued exploitation of known DDoS attack vectors;
- Rising customer expectations for value-added security, analytics, and optimized DDoS services;
- Growth in networking requirements relating to adoption of emerging technologies, including cloud computing, Internet of Things, and software-defined networking; and
- Need for hybrid deployment models and on-premise applications to manage large-scale attacks.
"Unfortunately, dedicated DDoS mitigation solutions, both products and services, are costly and a lack of technical expertise will limit the customer's willingness to invest in sophisticated solutions," noted Rodriguez. "To overcome these restraints, some vendors are providing lower price points with virtual versions of their applications, while others are offering managed security services of their own to allay customer concerns over technical expertise."
DDoS Mitigation Global Market Analysis, Forecast to 2021, is part of Frost & Sullivan's Network Security Growth Partnership Service program.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion
DDoS Mitigation Global Market Analysis, Forecast to 2021
Corporate Communications – North America
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan