WALTHAM, Mass., Jan. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources, one of the world's leading research and advisory firms for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues, today announced the launch of its newly redesigned Pharmacor advisory service. Pharmacor -- which provides analysis and forecasts on the commercial outlook of currently marketed drugs and drugs in development -- is now a high-value, high-customer touch advisory service that is updated regularly throughout each year based on significant events that occur in the drug markets.
Some examples of events that trigger updates include:
- How a newly launched drug will compete in the market and how it will impact the market share of other currently marketed therapies
- What the impact of corporate announcements and presentations at biopharmaceutical conferences will have on the marketplace
- How a drug's regulatory rejection will impact the market, including insight on what other existing therapies will inherit the failed agent's market share
- How positive clinical trial data will impact thought leaders' perceptions of a drug candidate and how that agent would be prescribed if approved
- How a market currently dominated by a certain drug class will evolve as emerging therapies from other drug classes steal share from dominant therapies over time
- Which agents in a crowded therapeutic pipeline are best positioned to have the greatest impact on treatment and, as a result, will be the most successful
Analyst calls are regularly scheduled to address the events and often include new primary research with physicians, payers or other audiences affected by the event. The calls are an additional way for clients to develop an intimate relationship with Decision Resources analysts.
NEW Annualized Forecasts
Pharmacor, which covers the most commercially viable indications in the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan, now also includes an annualized 10-year forecast. By breaking out the 10-year forecast year by year, Pharmacor offers clients a better understanding of events that hit the forecast and how they are resolved. The new forecasts are also broken out by brand and generic sales. By breaking out the brand and generic sales of each molecule, clients gain a more granular view.
"The transformation of Pharmacor from the industry's premier market research report series to a high-value, high-customer touch advisory service is a game-changing advance for our clients," said Jason Labonte, Ph.D., COO of the Portfolio Planning, Biopharma Business Unit of Decision Resources, Inc. "Our clients will now never have to rely on dated forecasts or make assumptions of how a drug class will be impacted when an event occurs in a particular drug market. With event-driven Pharmacor, our biopharmaceutical clients will receive the updated analysis they need and regular, consistent access to our analysts to drive growth within their organization and make better business decisions."
About Decision Resources
Decision Resources (www.decisionresources.com) is a world leader in market research publications, advisory services and consulting designed to help clients shape strategy, allocate resources and master their chosen markets. Decision Resources is a Decision Resources, Inc. company.
About Decision Resources, Inc.
Decision Resources, Inc. is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources, Inc. at www.DecisionResourcesInc.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources, Inc.
SOURCE Decision Resources