LONDON, Dec. 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This TforG report includes the Surgical Procedures Database with 620 surgical interventions, reported by the ICD-9 coding system in Egypt. To add context to the surgical procedure volumes, the report provides written and numerical analysis on the current trends, size, changes and dynamics of the local markets. In addition, the latest reforms of the local Healthcare system are clearly outlined.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics until 2015, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as an essential tool for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
The report includes 620 surgical interventions (in pdf format), reported by the ICD-9 international coding system in 13 specialisms, with data for six years: last year's actuals (2014), four years of historical data, and one year of forecast. The specialisms included are: Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, OBGYN, Endocrinology, Plastic, General, Thoracic, Hemic and Lymphatic system, Oncology.
-Egypt has a population of 87.0 Million (14th largest population in the world) and there is a growth of 2 percent yearly.
-The country's GDP in 2013-14 was around € 250 bln, which makes the country number 40 on the world ranking, comparable to countries like Pakistan, the Philippines, Algeria, etc.
-Fiscal deficit has been less than -10 percent for the last 3 years and reached -12,3 percent in the current fiscal year. For 2015-16 the forecast is -9,5 percent.
-The deficit is expected to remain high (at around 8 percent) for the next 5 years.
The Healthcare System:
- Health care expenditures are at 5,2 percent of the GDP of which 39 percent comes from government funding, 59 percent from patient contributions and another 2 percent from charity.
-The main government bodies managing Egypt's health care system are the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Health Insurance Organization (HIO).
-The national organization is replicated at each governorate level.
-The "governorate" health directorates report to the MOH on technical matters and report to the governorate administration on administrative and day-to-day activities.
- Integration of health insurance bodies (MoH and HIO).
-Implementation of a general health insurance coverage.
- Improvement in the availability of primary care services.
- Install and expand information infrastructure.
-And many more.
- Egypt's healthcare market the 3rd largest in the Middle East (after KSA and UAE) but still relatively limited in terms of volume.
-Public sector procurement in Egypt is centralized at the procurement agency of MoH for hospitals, health units. University hospitals are under the authority of the Ministry of Education.
-The instability caused by the political unrest has resulted in a substantial market shift towards the private sector.
Includes tables centralizing all relevant data on socio-demographics, macroeconomics and national Healthcare.
National Care Provision data:
Provides an overview of the Healthcare demographics: Nation Care provision data, Intensive Care units, Operating rooms, Emergency Rooms, Hospital services, Healthcare professionals.
Reasons to buy:
- Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
- Relevant healthcare reforms
- Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
- Regularly updates, at least once year
- Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
- Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
- Surgical Procedure Volumes section incl. 620 ICD9 coded procedure volumes for five years: last year's actuals (2014) (2014) (2014), three years of historical data, and two years of forecast
- Actionable information to capture size, trends and potential of the market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3468706/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48