NEW YORK, Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This TforG report includes the Surgical Procedures Database with 620 surgical interventions, reported by the ICD-9 coding system in Germany. To add context to the surgical procedure volumes, the report provides written and numerical analysis on the current trends, size, changes and dynamics of the local markets. In addition, the latest reforms of the local Healthcare system are clearly outlined
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics until 2015, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as an essential tool for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
The report includes 620 surgical interventions (in pdf format), reported by the ICD-9 international coding system in 13 specialisms, with data for five years: last year's actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast. The specialisms included are: Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, OBGYN, Endocrinology, Plastic, General, Thoracic, Hemic and Lymphatic system, Oncology.
- Germany ranks fifth in the world (when looking at GDP) in Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) terms.
- The outlook for 2013 through 2015 is that a renewed flare-up of the Eurozone crisis is unlikely and that the German economy is going to take a swing upwards from previously low growth.
- Growth drivers include: healthy financial conditions, a robust labor market and an expected increase in demand from abroad.
- Germany has a large group of companies that play a leading role or have a substantial position in the medical technology and pharmaceutical markets, worldwide.
The Healthcare System:
- In 2013, health expenditure in Germany accounted for 11.2 percent of the GDP of which 77 percent is provided by public funds.
- The German healthcare system is highly decentralized and composed of: regions (states), hospitals (or groups) and practitioners.
- Compared to other countries Germany spends high amounts on healthcare and scores very high on ratios such as number of doctors, hospital beds, doctor consultations per capita and average length of hospital stay.
- Recent austerity measures have resulted in: Increased control by hospitals and insurers; increased accountability for hospitals and health insurers and evidence based reimbursement of new products.
- Other trends include: new partnerships; outsourcing and mergers at the hospital level; privatization; domination of the market landscape by Central Purchasing Organizations etc.
- Healthcare spending in Germany is around 11.4 percent of the GDP in 2012, which is among the highest in Europe, together with France, Holland and most of the Nordic countries.
- At the same time, the hospital spending per capita is 5 to 10 percent lower. This is especially true in the amount spent per discharged patient.
- The primary market is considered especially ineffective and costly.
- Although the overall hospital market continues to grow, the market for capital equipment and supplies are expected to decrease.
Reasons to buy:
- Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
- Relevant healthcare reforms
- Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
- Regularly updates, at least once year
- Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
- Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
- Surgical Procedure Volumes section incl. 620 ICD9 coded procedure volumes for six years: last year's actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast
- Actionable information to capture size, trends and potential of the market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02648562-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001