LONDON, Dec. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This TforG report includes the Surgical Procedures Database with 620 surgical interventions, reported by the ICD-9 coding system in Spain. To add context to the surgical procedure volumes, the report provides written and numerical analysis on the current trends, size, changes and dynamics of the local markets. In addition, the latest reforms of the local Healthcare system are clearly outlined.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics until 2015, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as an essential tool for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
The report includes 620 surgical interventions (in pdf format), reported by the ICD-9 international coding system in 13 specialisms, with data for five years: last year's actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast. The specialisms included are: Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, OBGYN, Endocrinology, Plastic, General, Thoracic, Hemic and Lymphatic system, Oncology.
- Spain is a strongly decentralized federal state with 17 autonomous regions.
- In 2014 the Spanish economy contracted by about 0.40 percent and is expected to contract further by 1 to 2 percent in the 3 coming years.
-Unemployment runs at 28 percent in 2013 and is expected to increase in the future, impacting further government expenditures and tax revenues.
-22 percent of the population is living under the poverty line.
The Healthcare System:
- Healthcare expenditures in Spain represent 8.5 percent of the GDP and will decrease in the coming years.
-75 percent of these costs are funded by the government.
-The healthcare system is largely decentralized into the regions, leading to differences in organization, reforms, priority setting and DRG application.
-Most hospitals are public.
-Local healthcare departments buy additional services from the private sector to manage accessibility and waiting list issues.
-The main headlines of the reform are cost sharing for the patients, reduction in salary and of staff and reduction of healthcare capacity.
-On top the autonomous regions have asked to further cut healthcare expenses.
-Purchasing decisions are shifting towards central procurement and administrative profiles in order to have a more cost/benefit oriented assessment.
-The application of DRGs is regulated by each regional healthcare service. The last 2 years DRG tariffs have been decreased by 10 percent on average each year.
- Hospital budgets have been reduced by 10 to 15 percent.
-Overall markets have contracted by 6 to 10 percent in the coming 2 years and will hardly recover before 2018.
-The reforms have led to more central purchasing and professional privatized management structures for public hospitals.
-Purchasing Processes have become longer and more complex as a result. All this imposes reconsideration of the business models of most suppliers.
Reasons to buy:
- Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
- Relevant healthcare reforms
- Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
- Regularly updates, at least once year
- Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
- Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
- Surgical Procedure Volumes section incl. 620 ICD9 coded procedure volumes for six years: last year's actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast
- Actionable information to capture size, trends and potential of the market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3419780/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48