LAS VEGAS, Aug. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- VMWORLD --
- New technology integrations between Dell EMC and VMware provide great value for mutual customers while simplifying and accelerating IT service delivery
- New and enhanced products and solutions span hyper-converged infrastructure, hybrid cloud platforms, data protection and all-flash storage arrays
- End-to-end approach delivers increased performance at scale, streamlines data protection, simplifies management and optimizes storage resources
Dell EMC today announced important enhancements and integrations across its broad portfolio of solutions that support VMware. These enhancements help customers fuel IT Transformation initiatives to achieve digital transformation goals through software-defined data centers, converged infrastructures and hybrid cloud.
There is an ongoing need for customers to transform their legacy infrastructures or risk falling behind their competitors. According to the Enterprise Strategy Group ESG 2017 IT Transformation Maturity Curve study commissioned by Dell EMC, companies further along in their IT Transformation initiatives see improved competitiveness and business outcomes, enhanced IT spending efficiency, more IT funding for new projects and innovation, as well as higher levels of internal stakeholder satisfaction.
To achieve this vision for a digital future, IT Transformation requires modernized infrastructure and the software to run, manage, connect and protect multiple workloads across the data center, clouds and devices.
"The rapid evolution of the digital business is placing exponential demands on IT, creating new pressures for organizations to implement the infrastructure required to become digital enterprises and remain competitive," said David Goulden, president, Dell EMC. "The close collaboration between Dell EMC and VMware delivers powerful data center solutions, and financing and services options that modernize infrastructure with a software-defined approach to help mutual customers accelerate innovation and effectively meet their IT and digital transformation requirements."
"Dell EMC and VMware offer broad and complementary portfolios, to enable our mutual customers to achieve greater value from their IT investments," said Pat Gelsinger, chief executive officer, VMware. "Simplifying and increasing the speed of IT service delivery to drive positive business results, while lowering costs, boosting competitiveness and speeding time to market."
Enhancements to Dell EMC's portfolio of VMware solutions provides mutual customers the following benefits:
- Simplify and speed IT Transformation initiatives by modernizing infrastructure for VMware environments and data centers at any scale with extensive advancements across Dell EMC's hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) and hybrid cloud platforms. These advances span Dell EMC's broad portfolio of VMware-optimized turnkey HCI solutions (Dell EMC VxRail Appliances and Dell EMC VxRack SDDC), turnkey hybrid cloud platforms (Dell EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud and Dell EMC Native Hybrid Cloud) and flexible Ready Solutions (VMware Ready™ Systems from Dell EMC and Dell EMC vSAN™ ReadyNodes™ featuring the 14th generation of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers).
- Deliver transformational data protection for VMware environments with Dell EMC Data Protection Suite for Applications, providing 5X faster backups over traditional methods direct from VMware vSphere®. This enables mutual customers to address the technical and operational challenges associated with protecting large, fast-changing, mission-critical applications and virtualized databases, while providing greater self-service to application owners and retaining governance and oversight by IT. Dell EMC Data Protection is also the first VMware partner for providing backup and recovery for workloads running in VMware Cloud on Amazon Web Services.
- Create a scalable infrastructure with intelligent automation and a secure foundation with Dell EMC vSAN ReadyNodes featuring the 14th generation of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers. Combining VMware vSAN, the industry-leading software powering HCI solutions, with Dell EMC PowerEdge, the world's best-selling server portfolio1, speeds time-to-value, drives lower costs and reduces risk. These ready nodes are pre-configured, validated building blocks that offer the most flexibility for customers who prefer to build and manage infrastructure themselves. This represents the first step in transitioning the entire Dell EMC hyper-converged portfolio to 14th generation PowerEdge servers by the end of 2017.
- Provide even more performance, agility and simplicity for VDI environments with XtremIO X2, the next generation of Dell EMC's purpose-built All-Flash array, which supports 40% more VDI users per X-Brick at up to 30% lower $/desktop. With its VMware vSphere plug-in and VMware vRealize Orchestration features, XtremIO X2 is designed to provide streamlined automation and modernization while simplifying management and monitoring for IT departments with VMware infrastructures.
Enabling Dell EMC and VMware customers to address IT financing needs, Dell Financial Services (DFS) provides flexible, simple, predictable ways for organizations to adopt new technologies. Whether implementing a hyper-converged infrastructure solution for the first time, planning a PC refresh or modernizing an entire data center, DFS has a consumption model tailored to the technology being implemented.
- Dell EMC VxRail Appliances
- Dell EMC VxRack SDDC
- Dell EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud
- Dell EMC Native Hybrid Cloud
- Dell EMC vSAN Ready Nodes
- Dell EMC PowerEdge servers
- Dell EMC Data Protection solutions
- Dell EMC XtremIO X2
- Connect with Dell EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and DECN
- Follow the latest news on Twitter from @DellEMC or @DellEMCNews
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
1IDC declares a statistical tie in the worldwide server market when there is a difference of one percent or less in the share of revenues or shipments among two or more vendors. Based on Units. Data from IDC Quarterly Server Tracker, 2017Q1
Copyright © 2017 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell EMC and the Dell EMC logo are trademarks of Dell Technologies in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-emc-drives-new-levels-of-cross-portfolio-integration-and-support-for-vmware-customers-300510046.html
SOURCE Dell EMC