AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DELL EMC WORLD 2016 --
Dell EMC announced it has boosted the capabilities of its mid-market proven SC Series (formerly Compellent™) storage arrays by making them interoperable with the world's leading portfolio of storage management, mobility and data protection solutions formerly only available to EMC customers.
A core tenet of Dell EMC's portfolio strategy is to provide customers with the ultimate in choice and flexibility regardless of the problem they are trying to solve. By rapidly extending key Dell EMC™ software capabilities to include the SC series, Dell EMC enables customers to mix and match Dell and EMC storage products and services within their enterprises while taking advantage of a common user experience with the same storage management, data protection and mobility capabilities.
"Our portfolio strategy is all about choice," said Jeff Boudreau, SVP and General Manager, Midrange Storage, Dell EMC. "With today's announcement, we're enabling our SC Series customers to continue using the products they've invested in while also having access to exciting new capabilities as Dell EMC continues to combine our storage solutions into a seamless portfolio."
Integration Includes Storage Management, Data Protection and Mobility
Dell EMC has extended coverage of the following software and hardware solutions to SC Series storage arrays:
Storage Management and Mobility
- Dell EMC ViPR® Suite: comprised of ViPR Controller and ViPR Storage Resource Management (SRM), provides automated insight and action designed for heterogeneous storage arrays
- Dell EMC Intelligent Data Mobility (IDM) technology: enables smooth and seamless migration to newer systems at a fixed proportional rate
- Dell EMC PowerPath® software: high-performance multipath software automates data path management, failover and recovery, and optimizes load balancing to ensure application availability and performance, unlike most native operating system multiple path I/O (MPIO) functions
- Dell EMC VPLEX ® systems: deliver continuous availability and data mobility to ensure uptime for mission-critical applications and now offers twice the performance, a cost-effective All-Flash solution and full support for the SC Series
- Dell EMC CloudArray technology: cloud-integrated storage extends on-premise storage arrays to cost-effective cloud capacity.
- Dell EMC Data Domain ® systems: According to IDC, EMC pre-merger was the industry's #1 Purpose Built Backup Appliancei delivering leading performance and efficiency for de-duplicated backup and recovery of data on SC Series arrays
- Dell EMC Data Protection Suite™ for Backup featuring Avamar® and NetWorker® technology: offers high performance backup and recovery for SC arrays including de-duplication backup to Data Domain, backup to disk, backup to tape, and long term retention to cloud as well as comprehensive backup monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Dell EMC RecoverPoint® for Virtual Machines: a simple, efficient operational and disaster recovery solution for virtualized applications in VMware environments.
Dell Financial Services
For rapidly-growing small to mid-market enterprises with technology needs that outpace current budgets, Dell Financial Services (DFS) can help customers choose the right financing model to match their technology through its industry-leading portfolio of OpenScale Flexible Payment Solutions.
The line-up of Dell EMC storage management, data protection and mobility products listed above is available immediately for SC Series, except for ViPR SRM and PowerPath, support for which is planned by the end of 2016.
Scott Sinclair, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"This is a strong example of the benefits a combined Dell EMC can bring to its customers to modernize their data centers. Whether it's large enterprise or small, whether a customer has a need for the highest-performing DSSD rack-scale flash array or an entry-level SC Series storage array, Dell EMC can provide the right storage system to fit virtually any customer use case."
- Dell EMC SC Series storage arrays
- Dell EMC Pulse blog – SC common user experience
- Connect with Dell EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN. For the latest news from Dell EMC, follow @DellEMCNews on Twitter; use #DellEMCWorld
- Attend Dell EMC World virtually at DellEMCWorldLIVE
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Dell EMC World
Join us Oct. 18-20 at Dell EMC World 2016, Dell Technologies' flagship event, bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellemcworld.com and follow #DellEMCWorld on Twitter.
Copyright © 2016 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Special Note on Forward-Looking Statements:
Statements that relate to future results and events are forward-looking statements based on Dell Technologies' current expectations. Actual results and events in future periods may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements because of a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that projected benefits may not materialize as expected; that Dell Technologies is unable to successfully implement the plans, strategies and objectives, including the execution of integration strategies; and other risks that are described in Dell Technologies' Securities and Exchange Commission reports. Dell Technologies does not undertake any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
i IDC Purpose Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) Tracker 2016Q2; The ranking is referring to vendor revenue in 2016Q2
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-emc-extends-common-user-experience-to-sc-series-300347446.html
SOURCE Dell EMC