LAS VEGAS, May 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- DELL EMC WORLD
- New VMware Pulse IoT Center, Dell EMC IoT Technology Advisory Services simplify IoT deployments
- New IoT partnerships with Atos, Bosch and more
- Dell EMC and VMware, founding members of new EdgeX Foundry Linux Foundation project, join 50 other companies to build open framework for edge computing
Dell Technologies announces new Internet of Things (IoT) products and partnerships to help customers take the complexity out of their IoT deployments and more quickly realize Digital Transformation.
According to a recent Gartner report, there will be 20.4 billion connected things in use globally by 2020. Companies are looking for faster, real-time analysis of the massive amount of data produced by all of these "things" on their networks. For some, it's too expensive to move all the data from the edge of the network near the devices to the data center. Computing at the edge helps determine which data sets are interesting, relevant and need to be sent back to the data center or the cloud for further analytics and longer term storage, saving bandwidth and reducing costs and security concerns.
New IoT Products and Services
Simplified "Things" Management – The new VMware Pulse IoT Center is a secure IoT infrastructure management solution that will enable customers to have complete control of their connected things. VMware Pulse IoT Center will help customers to more efficiently manage, operate, scale and protect their IoT projects from the edge to the cloud. Dell will be offering VMware Pulse IoT Center as the preferred enterprise management and monitoring solution for Dell Edge Gateways. By plugging Pulse IoT Center into the new EdgeX Foundry, VMware will be able to offer system and device management for the EdgeX ecosystem.
IoT Advisory Services – IoT Technology Advisory Service is a new consulting offer from Dell EMC Services to help organizations determine the key capabilities and architecture required to leverage IoT data (e.g., sensors, beacons, gateways, mobile phones, wearables, connected devices). This information can be used for initiatives such as optimizing key operational processes, reducing compliance and security risks, uncovering new revenue opportunities and creating more compelling customer engagements.
Open Source Framework for Interoperable Edge Computing – The Linux Foundation recently launched EdgeX Foundry, an open source software project chartered to build a common framework and surrounding reference platform for edge computing. It will drive interoperability between proprietary value-added applications and existing connectivity standards. It was started by a community of more than 50 companies such as AMD, Analog Devices, Dell EMC, Foghorn and VMware to enable an ecosystem of plug-and-play components that can be combined to quickly create secure and scalable IoT solutions. Dell contributed more than a dozen microservices and over 125,000 lines of source code under Apache 2.0 to seed the project, additional contributions are already underway from other members. EdgeX Foundry is architected to operate on any hardware, on any operating system and with microservices developed in any application environment for maximum scale.
Carefully Curated Partnerships
Dell has carefully curated a group of IoT software and services partners through the Dell IoT Solutions Partner and Dell EMC Partner Programs. Many partners have deep, proven expertise in industry-specific IoT challenges, and can help with everything from managing multiprotocol data sources to security to analytics. New partners recently added to the program include Analog Devices, Atos, Bosch, ForgeRock, IOTech, Mocana and Modius.
Today's key IoT partner news includes:
- Dell and Bosch have jointly developed an Industry 4.0 jump start kit to help customers implement IoT projects quickly to realize faster ROI. The kit consists of multiple Bosch XDK sensors, a Dell Edge Gateway, ready-to-go use-cases, cloud integration and software, all preconfigured.
- Atos and Dell EMC are working together to build an IoT service management framework, Atos Codex IoT Services, to allow customers to be assured that all users can continuously create value from their connected devices.
- Atom AMPD, an enterprise-level communications solution provider, will also bundle their software with Dell Edge Gateways and Embedded Box PCs.
Dell Technologies – An IoT Heavyweight
Dell Technologies is the industry's broadest Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure solutions provider. The company offers a complete edge-to-core-to-cloud portfolio of infrastructure for IoT solutions that includes everything from infrastructure, embedded PCs, IoT gateways, security and manageability solutions and more.
Dell Technologies' capabilities in IoT allow for fast innovation and simplified integration and include:
- More than 30 years of IT heritage and more than 15 years of operations technology (OT) experience through the Dell EMC OEM Solutions team – deep understanding of both IT and OT, critical for successful IoT implementations
- Technology and expertise of Pivotal to rapidly develop and update cloud-native software
- Dell EMC infrastructure for storing and analyzing the data that the "things" generate
- Ruggedized, purpose-built IoT hardware designed to collect data at the edge of the network including Dell Edge Gateways and Dell Embedded Box PCs
- A curated Dell IoT Solutions Partner Program with more than 70 technology and services partners
- Trusted security solutions from RSA and SecureWorks that ensure data is transferred securely and quickly
- Industry-leading global service and support and financing options
Announced today at Dell EMC World:
- VMware Unveils IoT Management Solution to Help Customers Take Control of IoT
- Atos and Dell EMC Join Forces to Address the Growing Internet of Things Market
- Dell EMC Software-Defined Storage Paves Way for Data Center Modernization
Dell EMC World
Dell EMC World 2017, May 8-11, is Dell Technologies' flagship event, bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellemcworld.com and follow #DellEMCWorld on Twitter.
About Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that provides the essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, transform IT and protect their most important asset, information. The company services customers of all sizes – ranging from 98 percent of the Fortune 500 to individual consumers – with the industry's broadest and most innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions GmbH was founded in 2013 and is a fully owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH. The company was set up to design, develop and market innovative connected devices and tailor-made solutions for the Internet of Things. Our competency in electronics, sensor technology and software enable new business models for global markets. Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions is headquartered in Reutlingen, Germany. In 2015 Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions opened offices in Chicago, USA and Shanghai, China, in 2016 a sales office in Singapore was opened.
For more information, go to www.bosch-connectivity.com
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 375,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2015). The company generated sales of 70.6 billion euros in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch's global manufacturing and sales network covers some 150 countries. The basis for the company's future growth is its innovative strength. Bosch employs 55,800 associates in research and development at 118 locations across the globe. The Bosch Group's strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is "Invented for life."
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page:https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
Copyright © 2017 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, Dell EMC, other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Technologies or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-simplifies-iot-for-customers-with-new-iot-products-and-partnerships-300454393.html
SOURCE Dell Technologies