SOUTHFIELD, Mich., March 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Global automotive supplier DENSO is increasing its support of SAE International's WCX 17: World Congress Experience, April 4-6 at Cobo Center in Detroit as Tier One Supplier Partner of the show, Booth #3002. 2017 marks the 17th consecutive year that DENSO has sponsored this event and the higher level of support will be hard to miss. DENSO will present 46 papers, three Learning Lab TedX style speakers, two Leadership Summit talks and sponsor the Women's Reception.
"As Tier One Supplier Partner, DENSO provided strategic direction in the development of the SAE World Congress Experience from the supply chain perspective," said Doug Patton, executive vice president, Engineering, and chief technology officer, DENSO International America, and 2017 SAE International president. "DENSO is proud of the exciting changes we've helped to make with this event, along with our OEM partner Ford Motor Company."
DENSO's WCX Participation
DENSO Unveils MDrive Electric Vehicle (EV) Car Share Study Results
DENSO will announce the results of the MDrive EV Car Share Study, which studied the benefits and challenges of developing an electric vehicle specifically for sharing, designed around a central location and set pool of users. The results will define key opportunity areas for car sharing and electric vehicles and the role they will both play in the future of mobility systems.
DENSO Recruits at the WCX17 Career Central, Booth #CF4
DENSO will continue to recruit for experienced and entry-level engineering and mobility roles in cyber security, HMI, computer vision, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software and computer engineering, as well as co-op engineering students for its North American operations in the U.S. and Canada. DENSO is also pairing up students from local universities with engineer mentors from DENSO and Ford Motor Company to expose them to careers in technology in the University Program on April 4.
DENSO Sponsors Women's Reception
Tues., April 4, 5 p.m.: WCX participants are welcome to attend a structured networking and reception event in the Exchange, Exhibit Hall.
DENSO Speaking engagements –
- Wed., April 5, noon: Rob Brinker, director, Thermal Engineering R&D, DENSO International America, Inc. – Climate Control Impact to Battery Range
- Wed., April 5, 2:30 p.m.: Mike Bima, lead engineer, DENSO North American Research and Engineering Center, DENSO International America, Inc. – MDrive Car Sharing Project
- Thurs., April 6, 1:30 p.m.: Doua Vang, senior manager, Elevate Lab, DENSO International America, Inc. – HMI
- Wed., April 5, 8 a.m.: Patton, moderator for Keynote Presentation by Yu Kai, CATARC, president, China's Automotive Industry Development & Sustainable Innovation
- Wed., April 5, 10:15 a.m.: Patrick F. Bassett, vice president North American Research and Engineering Center, DENSO International America Inc., panelist in Vehicles as a Shared Economy and the Effects of Automated Technology
- Thurs., April 6, 11:45 a.m.: Patton, moderator, CTO Roundtable – Automotive Industry Chief Technologists review the issues, ideas, and conclusions discussed during the week and share their personal insights into how it specifically impacts their business
- Wed., April 6 from 11:30 a.m.: Stacy Gallucci, SPHR, senior manager of Talent Acquisition of DENSO North America, panelist on Organic Diversity: How Inclusion Can Help You, Your Team and Company Grow.
About DENSO in North America
DENSO is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. With its North American headquarters located in Southfield, Michigan, DENSO employs more than 23,000 people at 30 consolidated companies and affiliates across the North American region. Of these, 28 are manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Canada and Mexico. In the United States alone, DENSO employs more than 15,000 people in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Iowa, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. DENSO's North American consolidated sales totaled US$9.9 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016. For more information, go to www.densocorp-na.com. Connect with DENSO on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DENSOinNorthAmerica
DENSO Corp., headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs more than 150,000 people worldwide. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016, totaled US$40.2 billion. Last fiscal year, DENSO spent 8.8 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. For more information, go to www.denso.com, or visit our media website at www.denso.com/global/en/news/media-center/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/denso-increases-participation-at-sae-wcx17-as-tier-one-supplier-partner-300431896.html
SOURCE DENSO International America