ROSEMONT, Ill., Sept. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- More than 4,000 registrants from around the United States and around the world will convene September 18 – September 23, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas for the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons' 98th Annual Meeting, Scientific Sessions and Exhibition.
Participants will hear renowned clinicians and scientists present on the latest research on oral and maxillofacial surgery care, examine the latest equipment, technologies and software available to the busy OMS practice in the meeting exhibit hall, learn about new and promising surgical procedures, network with colleagues, and conduct association business.
The meeting agenda emphasizes office-based anesthesia administration, including a full-day preconference program focused on anesthesia for the geriatric patient and a plenary session on anesthesia management for patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Recognizing the importance of a highly trained OMS anesthesia team, two dental anesthesia assistant skills labs are offered for the surgeon's clinical staff.
Other highlights of the week will include:
- A full-day preconference program on Maxillofacial Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Three full-day clinical module programs addressing Dental Implants, Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Facial Cosmetics, including a live facial injection workshop.
- More than 100 clinical courses that address the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery practice at levels from refresher to innovative techniques.
- Four oral abstract sessions and a scientific poster session highlighting current specialty-related research projects.
- A comprehensive practice management program that considers all aspects of maintaining an OMS practice and wide-ranging programs designed specifically for the oral and maxillofacial surgery assistant.
- The world's largest exhibition addressing the needs of oral and maxillofacial surgeons and their practices, with over 200 vendors displaying the most advanced equipment, instruments, biologics and technological innovations available today.
- Golf professional, coach and best-selling author Fred Shoemaker will serve as keynote speaker. Presenting on "New Dimensions in Learning and Mastery," he shares proven techniques and key principles attendees can master to achieve success in every area of daily life - from business to social situations.
Complete details of meeting sessions can be found at AAOMS.org/LasVegas.
The experts in face, mouth and jaw surgery™ — The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), the professional organization representing more than 9,500 oral and maxillofacial surgeons in the United States, supports its fellows' and members' ability to practice their specialty through education, research and advocacy. AAOMS fellows and members comply with rigorous continuing education requirements and submit to periodic office anesthesia evaluations. Visit MyOMS.org for additional information about oral and maxillofacial surgery.
SOURCE American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons