DETROIT, Oct. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Detroit-area Medicare Advantage patients can choose ConcertoHealth as their primary care provider (PCP) for the 2018 calendar year during open enrollment, Oct. 15 to Dec. 7, 2017. Original Medicare beneficiaries may also join a Medicare Advantage plan during the Annual Election Period.
Medicare patients who choose ConcertoHealth as their PCP benefit from services that go beyond the scope of a traditional doctor's office, including:
- 24/7 access to care coordination and support,
- a full 30-minutes for each follow-up appointment,
- minor procedures and on-site lab testing,
- prescription coordination,
- wheelchair accessible scales, exam tables and facilities,
- transportation assistance to and from appointments (dependent upon health plan benefits),
- health education programs.
ConcertoHealth patients also have access to physicians, nurses, care coordinators, social workers, pharmacists and dieticians. The ConcertoHealth care team treats patients and coordinates their care from any setting, be it at a Care Center, the hospital, skilled nursing facility, or the home.
"Patients have enjoyed highly engaged primary care from ConcertoHealth, and we are proud that patients have personally declared health improvements as a result of our team-based approach," said Dr. Ernest Yoder, regional medical director for ConcertoHealth in Michigan. "Our goal is to empower patients and their families with the right information, so they can make the best decisions about their own healthcare."
ConcertoHealth is partnering with four Medicare Advantage health plans in 2018 in Michigan to offer its primary care services to Detroit-area patients:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan/Blue Care Network
- Together Health Network
Prospective patients are invited to tour ConcertoHealth Care Centers, and attendees may qualify for a CVS or Walgreens gift card. During the tour, patients can also meet the care team, including two of the newest ConcertoHealth team members:
- Dr. Ernest Yoder, M.D., Ph.D., M.A.C.P., joined ConcertoHealth last month as the new regional medical director for Michigan
- Susan Hill, R.N., joined in August as a primary care nurse at the Center Line Care Center
"We are pleased to welcome Dr. Ernest Yoder and Susan Hill to the ConcertoHealth family and to this community," said Kellie Rice, executive director of the ConcertoHealth Michigan market. "ConcertoHealth has deep roots in the greater Detroit area, and we are looking forward to serving new patients and continuing to deliver excellent care."
Medicare Advantage members who select ConcertoHealth as their PCP have the option to seek care at one of four Detroit-area ConcertoHealth Care Centers. Care Center tours may be set up by calling ConcertoHealth customer service at 1-855-269-8259. Care Center locations include:
- Allen Park Care Center, 15606 Southfield Road, Allen Park, Mich.
- Center Line Care Center, 25373 Van Dyke Ave., Center Line, Mich.
- Detroit Care Center, 7430 2nd Ave., #210, Detroit, Mich.
- West Detroit Care Center, 15560 Joy Road, Detroit, Mich.
ConcertoHealth Inc. is the leading provider of specialized primary care and supporting clinical services for vulnerable, frail and elderly patients. Operating exclusively in value-based agreements, ConcertoHealth provides high-touch, individualized care for patients, and also deploys wraparound clinical resources to extend the reach of primary care practices. This Primary Care Support Platform, elevated by ConcertoHealth proprietary population health analytics technology, improves overall healthcare quality and patient outcomes, benefitting payers and their provider networks. The company is headquartered in Irvine, Calif.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/detroit-area-medicare-patients-can-select-concertohealth-as-their-primary-care-provider-during-open-enrollment-beginning-oct-15-300528939.html