NEW HAVEN, Conn., Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Device42, an industry-leading data center management software provider, is pleased to announce they will be showcasing their award winning solution at the Intel exhibit December 9th – 12th. Device42's comprehensive data center infrastructure management software includes fully-integrated features leveraging Intel's DCM power and thermal management and control capabilities.
The Device42 power and thermal management capabilities enable customers to:
- Get real time power and thermal heat maps for devices, racks, rooms, and buildings
- Get real-time alerts for power and temperature deviations
- Get time series power and temperature graphs to enable accurate power, cooling, virtualization, fault-tolerance, and capacity planning
- Set power policies for real-time control of individual devices and groups of devices
- Understand energy consumption and conservation opportunities
- Reduce their energy operating expenses
- Reduce their carbon footprint
- Minimize the business impact of rising energy costs
- Get access to Intel's ever-expanding catalog of data center devices that includes devices from vendors such as Dell, HP, IBM, Cisco, and many others
In addition to power and thermal management, the Device42 product offers:
- Asset/Inventory Management
- Cloud Management
- IP Address Management
- Enterprise Password Management
- Cable Management
- Application Impact Management
- Web based User Interface
- Advanced visualizations of rooms, racks, networks, cabling, and dependencies
Device42 is particularly well-known for the ease of use. Installation literally takes 3 minutes as the product is installed as a virtual appliance. Device42's set of auto-discovery tools eliminates most manual entry and automates ongoing maintenance of the data. The open and powerful REST API is well documented and easy to use - enabling input/output of data from external sources, and from the UI with features like API spreadsheet imports.
Additionally, Device42 provides advanced visualizations of rooms, racks, networks, cabling, and application dependencies in a web-based user interface that does not require any plug-ins or Visio to be installed on user desktops.
Device42's COO Steve Shwartz said, "Our partnership with Intel has enabled us to leverage the extensive capabilities of Intel's DCM platform, which has improved our offering to include a full suite of power monitoring and control features. We are really excited to be showcasing Device42 alongside Intel at the Gartner Data Center Conference next week."
Device42 provides Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software to small and large companies in 22 countries. The Device42 software provides high-end functionality, truly unique features, with a total cost of ownership that is unparalleled in the market today. Device42 is a virtual appliance that runs on virtual platforms from VMWare, Citrix, Oracle, and Microsoft. A fully-functioning free trial of Device42 is available for download. Device42 takes pride in being an easy company to work with. To learn more please visit www.device42.com.
+1 203 779 6342
Read more news from Device42.