JASPER, Ind., April 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With spring home improvement season in the air, Diamond Cabinets, a division of MasterBrand® Cabinets, is blooming with a fresh new line of kitchen and bath cabinet products ripe for the picking. The on-trend lineup of cabinetry solutions is designed to meet consumers' needs for flexible options in home remodeling and cabinet replacement.
Home trends continue to point to the kitchen as the heartbeat of the home. In fact, kitchens remain the focus of cabinet buyers at 78 percent of the remodel spending, followed by baths and other areas such as utility rooms and home offices, according to MasterBrand research.(1) Cabinet replacement is also a strong trend, with nearly 60 percent of cabinet spending used for remodeling part of a room, and a third for replacing old or outdated cabinets only. In addition, an American Institute of Architects survey showed increased consumer preference for combining household living space with kitchen space, and a growing popularity of adaptability and universal design features.(2)
"With consumers staying in their homes longer and more generations of families living under one roof, the needs of today's homeowners can be summed up in one word: flexibility. Without exception, Diamond cabinets offer the perfect balance of beauty, brains and brawn that homeowners want and designers demand. We've created fresh styles and finishes, savvy kitchen storage ideas, and added muscle where it counts," said Joel Culp, executive vice president of marketing and strategic planning, Diamond Cabinets.
Inspiring cabinet solutions
The new cabinets are engineered to make kitchens and baths the most beautiful and organized places in the home. Highlights include the latest innovation to one of Diamond's most popular cabinets, the Gourmet SuperCabinet™; cabinets that feature corner drawers; end cabinets that open from the front and the side; flexible glazes and finishes in soft, neutral colors that adapt to many styles of home decor; clean-lined glass inserts and accessories; SmartStop™ self-closing glides and hinges made standard, and toekick drawers now available as a modification on any cabinet 18-inches and wider.
Storage on the brain
Equipped for maximum function and flexibility, Diamond offers new cabinet solutions to increase organization and workflow while keeping the kitchen clutter-free.
- Gourmet SuperCabinet: The perfect solution for the cook who has everything, the new upscale version of Diamond's popular SuperCabinet theme allows for centralized storage of pots, pans, lids and cutting boards (included). Available in 30 and 36-inch widths, the Gourmet SuperCabinet offers multiple, movable chrome rail dividers and space for a cutting board and plastic wrap containers.
- Base Corner with Curved Pullout: This 48-inch, maximum-storage cabinet swings out for remarkable accessibility. Chrome rails and a nonskid surface keep items in place while the shelves are in motion.
- Three-drawer Corner Cabinet: Providing a more furniture-like look than a traditional diagonal corner cabinet or lazy Susan, the base Three-drawer Corner Cabinet is designed with a top drawer that continues through the corner.
- Face Frame and Door-On-End Option: A new functional end modification makes it possible to access cabinet interiors from the front and the side, providing a perfect solution for center islands or additional end-run cabinet storage.
Colors to spark the imagination
As cabinet color trends shift from orange-, red- or yellow-toned browns to a more versatile brown, Diamond's new glazes and finishes provide the perfect neutral. This move toward a softer palette allows homeowners choosing to reside longer in their homes feel confident that they have chosen colors with 'staying power.'
- Grey Stone Glaze: A cooler option to the warmer tones of Amaretto Creme and Toasted Almond Glaze, this new glaze is available on three distinct white-tone paints — Pearl, Dover and Coconut — for a look that lightens up a space while bringing out the warmth of it.
- Tundra Mid-range Brown Finish: Within a landscape of browns, new Tundra is a timeless brown with purely neutral undertones. The warm-hued beauty works across a range of door styles and wood types, including maple, cherry, oak, alder and rustic alder.
- Opaque Finishes: In keeping with the trend for more a more neutral, conservative approach to color, Diamond's Inspired Color collection expands with two new accent colors. Juniper Berry is a crisp and refreshing opaque gray finish infused with blue undertones. Sand Dune is a warm and soothing sand-color opaque beige finish with a slight red undertone.
Simply elegant embellishment
Answering the call for even more embellishment options, glass cabinet inserts provide a positive first impression in any kitchen.
- Prairie Mullion is the newest addition to Diamond's glass cabinet insert options. Available on shaker-style doors, this decorative glass design joins a line of embellishments that have been expanded to wall, base and tall cabinets.
Quality inside and out
From cabinet tops to toekick bottoms, Diamond builds quality cabinetry, inside and out.
- Toekick Drawer: A new modification available on any Diamond cabinet type starting at 18-inch widths, the ingenious Toekick drawer provides an extra 3-inch high storage area, perfect for stashing flat kitchen accessories such as baking sheets or placemats.
- Smart Stop™ Integrated Door Hinge: A fully concealed, six-way adjustable hinge is now standard on all Diamond cabinet doors, drawers and sliding shelves. The hinges make it possible to view all contents within the cabinets and ensure that drawers and doors close softly, every time.
About Diamond Cabinets
Diamond Cabinets is a division of MasterBrand Cabinets Inc., the largest cabinet manufacturer in North America. Diamond Cabinets holds certification from the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association's Environmental Stewardship Program. Other MasterBrand cabinet divisions include Aristokraft®, Decora®, Dynasty™, Homecrest®, Kemper®, Kitchen Craft®, Omega® and Schrock™. MasterBrand Cabinets is an operating unit of the consumer product company Fortune Brands Home & Security (NYSE:FBHS). For more information or to locate the Diamond showroom nearest you, visit www.diamondcabinets.com.
(1) MasterBrand Cabinets Inc., Scope Quarterly Cabinet Buyers Survey-Remodeling Projects, 1Q10- 3Q11
(2) American Institute of Architects (AIA) Home Design Trends Survey, March 9 2012, www.aia.org
SOURCE Diamond Cabinets