LAS VEGAS and PETERBOROUGH, N.H., April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The SDE 2017 National Conference will cover a wide range of timely topics in a strand dedicated to helping K–12 educators differentiate instruction and reach all learners. The Differentiated Instruction strand will include sessions on foundational differentiated instruction, growth mindset/resilience, poverty/equity/access, self-regulation/social emotional learning, assessment/intervention, and more. The National Conference hosted by Staff Development for Educators (SDE) will be held July 10–14, 2017, in Las Vegas, NV.
"Classrooms are becoming increasingly more diverse. In any given room, there may be English Language Learners, struggling readers, special education students, and students from homes below the poverty level. The pressure is on teachers to set and achieve high expectations for all," Mia Leonard-Solis, SDE program developer, says.
The Differentiated Instruction strand for K–12 educators offers a learning experience like no other. Over five days, educators will engage in authentic learning opportunities led by education experts, innovators, authors, and classroom teachers.
The 200+ sessions will deliver content on the science of learning by offering research-based approaches to help bolster student achievement. Highlighted sessions include:
- Everyday Strategies for Building Gritty Learners Who Persevere & Succeed presents explicit, classroom-ready strategies teachers can easily incorporate into their curriculum to build grit, resiliency, and growth mindset.
- Write Like Crazy: 3 Kinds of Writing for Crushing the Standards reveals how to efficiently use three kinds of writing—provisional, readable, and polished—to increase productivity without sacrificing quality.
- Work Worth Doing: Simplifying the Work of the PLC highlights the three critical practices PLCs should work towards and how to implement each to close achievement gaps.
- 5 Powerful Ways to Differentiate Project-Based Learning explores an innovative unit design teachers can use to go deeper into learning and meet the needs of all learners.
- Spectacular Social Studies Simulations: A How-to Guide engages participants in a simulation and demonstrates how to facilitate it in any content area to generate conversation and discussion.
"Professional development opportunities are key to learning and interpreting new trends in differentiation, and accessing the latest and most effective tools and knowledge. This focused strand offers complete training for educators at every stage of their differentiation journey. They'll leave with the specific, proven, and easy-to-implement strategies for manageable and successful differentiation," Leonard-Solis says.
To register for SDE's national conferences and pre-conferences, upcoming PD events, or other professional development opportunities, visit www.SDE.com, call 1-800-462-1478, or email email@example.com.
SDE is one of America's leading providers of professional development for PreK through Grade 12 educators. Through Onsite PD, PD Events, Web-Based PD, and PD Resources, the company empowers teachers and administrators across the country with ongoing professional development that is not only research-based, innovative, and rigorous, but also practical, motivating, and fun. All SDE training is presented by the nation's top authors and educational experts, with the goal of creating extraordinary classrooms that prepare students for the evolving demands of the 21st century.
For more information about SDE, educators are encouraged to visit www.sde.com, or to call 1-800-462-1478.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/differentiation-experts-to-discuss-growth-mindset-povertyequity-assessment-and-more-at-2017-sde-national-conference-300437411.html
SOURCE Staff Development for Educators