NEW YORK, Jan. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- The book publishing world is experiencing the most seismic shift in business models and new technology since widespread access to the printing press or the advent of the paperback book. The recent and upcoming releases of digital reading devices from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Apple promise to change how books are designed, delivered, and consumed by readers.
Digital Book World, presented by F+W Media and Publishers Lunch, is the only conference on publishing and digital change that will address these topics and more, on January 26-27, 2010 at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers in New York City. Visit www.digitalbookworld.com for more information or follow on Twitter @digibookworld.
Event details include:
* More than 35 sessions with leaders from across the industry offering information, insight and strategies to enable publishers to adapt to, and embrace, digital change
* Speakers and attendees from across the book publishing spectrum include the "Big Six" -- HarperCollins, Macmillan, Hachette, Random House, and Penguin -- niche publishers National Geographic Society, Harlequin, Tor, Chelsea Green, Bloomsbury, Perseus Books Group, Sesame Workshop, and Oxford University Press -- major distribution partners -- Ingram, Baker & Taylor -- and technology solutions -- Above the Treeline, LLC, Applied Information Group, BookDaily.com, Content Data Solutions, Librios, ORCA (Open Real-Time Currency Application), ScrollMotion, Virtusales and Zinio
* More than 500+ attendees representing multiple disciplines within the industry including senior management, strategists, editors, agents, marketers, production, eMedia, and digital change professionals
* Exclusive to the event: The Book Industry Study Group (BISG) and RR Bowker will reveal the results from the BISG Consumer Attitudes toward eBook Reading study. The study evaluated readers' interest in and preferences for digital content, and factors that influence their reading habits and purchasing decisions. Verso Digital will offer a look at consumer behaviors as they debut the results of its 2009 Survey of Book-Buying Behavior
* Technology services providers Aequor, Aptara, Baker and Taylor, iPublishCentral, North Plains, ORCA and SBS Worldwide will be making presentations and showcasing their products in the event's exhibit hall
* Wednesday at 1pm EST during the event, Digital Book World will stream live coverage of the announcement of Apple's "latest creation"
SOURCE F+W Media