NEW YORK, May 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimension Data, the $6.7 billion global ICT solutions and services provider, today announced it is holding a community service day as part of its Heads, Hearts and Hands Program with City Year. For the seventh consecutive year, employees will help City Year with the maintenance of school properties, including painting, building and other upkeep that benefits local schools and community members.
"Our corporate social responsibility program, Heads, Hearts and Hands, spans the breadth of our global business, involving 58 countries in five regions," said Mark Slaga, CEO of Dimension Data Americas. "Our corporate values define who we are as an organization, and in 2014, more than 25,000 Dimension Data employees got involved in a variety of causes that made a tremendous difference and we are looking to do even better this year."
Dimension Data Americas employees will participate in a variety of activities during today's day of service including revitalizing garden beds, playgrounds and sports fields, completing interior mural paintings and constructing and refurbishing outdoor furniture and safety railings at 11 schools around the country including:
- Mimosa Elementary School: 1550 Warwar Rd. Roswell, GA
- Garinger High School: 1100 Eastway Dr. Charlotte, NC
- Jordan Community School: 7414 N. Wolcott Ave. Chicago, IL
- Barbieri Elementary School: 100 Dudley Rd. Framingham, MA
- CIDES (Centro Interdisciplinario Para El Desarrollo Social): Chihuahua 215, Col. Roma Norte, Mexico D.F. entre Insurgentes y Monterrey
- IS 126 Albert Shanker School for Visual and Performing Arts: 31-51 21st St. Astoria, NY
- Brentwood Elementary School: 3426 Ingram Dr. Raleigh, NC
- Meyer Elementary School: 1824 Daytona Dr. San Jose, CA
- Harbourfront Community Centre: 627 Queens Quay W, Toronto, ON M5V 363, Canada
- Knollwood Preparatory Academy: 11822 Gerald Avenue, Granada Hills, CA
- Amidon-Bowen Elementary School: 401 I St SW, Washington, DC 20024
Dimension Data's Heads, Hearts and Hands program enables the company to share resources globally and work together with employees across three main areas: social issues, environmental issues and ethics and governance. As part of the program, Dimension Data employees receive eight hours of paid time off annually to give back to the charities of their choice. Every year, across the Americas, the company's employees participate in hundreds of CSR initiatives with organizations such as the MS Society, Habitat for Humanity, and the Ronald McDonald House. Worldwide, Dimension Data participates in more than 500 initiatives every year.
About Dimension Data
Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability, and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. Visit us at http://www.dimensiondata.com/en-US and www.facebook.com/DimensionDataAmericas or follow us on Twitter: @DimensionDataAM.
SOURCE Dimension Data