ALEXANDRIA, Va., March 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Dino-Software Corporation, an industry leader in mainframe utilities, announced version 2.3 availability of Universal Data Manager (UDM). Designed to simplify and improve enterprise storage management from a centralized GUI to achieve optimum resource utilization within z/OS mainframe storage environments.
"We're very excited about releasing UDM 2.3 and the immediate benefit it can bring to organizations. We have extended the breadth and depth of support UDM offers to further streamline storage management with enhanced comprehensive, policy-based automation across the enterprise. Storage Administrators can focus on business-critical operations while UDM greatly simplifies or completely handles the routine tasks through automation," states Gary Bleemer, CTO of Dino-Software.
UDM's state-of-the-art architecture installs simply, without requiring a server, instantly establishing a single point of communication for all z/OS systems across the enterprise, empowering customers to manage, monitor, report on, and maintain storage with ease.
- Enterprise Level Management - Access to all enterprise z/OS storage from a central GUI without logging on to each system.
- Command and JCL Management - Single commands or jobs executed on all controlled systems, eliminating typical task and command library redundancies.
- Simple, Comprehensive Reporting – Extensive reports using SQL filtering can be generated, saved, and executed on multiple systems in a single request with consolidated results.
- Integrated Automation and Monitoring - Powerful message trapping and scheduling ensures storage management can be automated and enables proactive alerting when critical conditions occur.
- Quick and Easy Installation - Ensures immediate utilization and ROI, avoiding the traditionally complicated install of other tools. Unlike many offerings, UDM integrates into existing security setups.
UDM's overall ease of installation, common interface, and powerful automation provides the controls, information, and reporting needed to manage the dynamics of modern, complex z/OS storage environments.
About Dino-Software Corporation:
Dino-Software develops enterprise-wide solutions for the management, analysis, protection, and repair of complex z/OS mainframe environments. Dino-Software has long been acknowledged for its superiority in ICF catalog management and technical support, helping organizations ensure their business-critical assets remain online and recoverable in a disaster. Learn about Dino-Software's mainframe storage solutions at www.dinosoftware.com
Contact for Dino-Software Corporation: Gary Bleemer, CTO at 703-768-2610
SOURCE Dino-Software Corporation