PALM SPRINGS, Calif., June 14, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Whether soaring on a giant tram to a pristine wilderness, taking a sunset tour through ancient canyons, or floating in a giant wave pool, Palm Springs has a variety of "cool" entertainment options for a close to home and affordable getaway. This summer, travelers can save up to 40% off and free room nights in Palm Springs.
Below is a list of suggestions and watch a short video for summer fun in Palm Springs.
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: Ride on the world's largest rotating tramcar to 8,500 feet and explore the pristine mountain wilderness of Mt. San Jacinto State Park to access more than 50 miles of hiking trails including guided nature walks.
- Knott's Soak City: Explore an interactive four-story funhouse, relax on the lazy river, or ride giant water tubes at Knott's Soak City's family-oriented water park.
- Off-Road Adventures: Starry desert nights are the perfect setting for off-road voyages filled with nocturnal wildlife and moonlight hikes through ancient canyons, rugged trails and rock formations of the San Andreas Fault or Joshua Tree National Park.
- Momentous Museums. From the cutting-edge art exhibits to free films series at the Palm Springs Art Museum, to the nation's largest collection of WWII flying aircraft at Palm Springs Air Museum, visitors will never be bored indoors in Palm Springs.
- Spas & Pools: Escape "June Gloom" and soak up the rays and relax at a luxury spa resorts or immerse in natural mineral baths at downtown's hot mineral spa, a wellness refuge for generations.
- Gaming and Nightlife Try your luck at the 24-hour downtown Spa Resort Casino, and then relax at a swanky jazz lounge or kick it into high gear at a dance club. After your evening on the town, consider a midnight swim under the stars.
- Cool Lodgings. Lounge by a sparkling pool while heavenly mountain peaks loom above you. Full-service hotels, boutique inns, and vacation home and condo rentals are within footsteps from the vibrant downtown. Each property exudes a unique personality…lush and private, hip and chic, or '50s-retro with a modern twist.
Palm Springs, California is located two hours from Los Angeles and San Diego, and daily direct flights into Palm Springs International Airport. For summer trip ideas, go to www.VisitPalmSprings.com, download free Palm Springs travel app, or follow us on Facebook.com/VisitPalmSprings and @PalmSpringsCA.
SOURCE Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism