HERSHEY, Pa., Jan. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Brookside Chocolate is the ideal snack for discovering unique flavor combinations, and the latest offering adds an unexpected crunch. Introduced today from The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), Brookside Chocolate's Crunchy Clusters combine crispy multigrains of rice, toasted oats, and graham cracker bits with fruit flavored centers covered in smooth dark chocolate. With its unique ingredients and texture, Brookside Chocolate's Crunchy Clusters is the ideal snack for discovering an enticingly delicious taste experience.
The perfect offering for those who want to discover the ultimate chocolate experience, Brookside Chocolate's Crunchy Clusters is where flavor exploration happens. To illustrate how new Brookside Chocolate's Crunchy Clusters can feed your passion for discovery, Brookside Chocolate has teamed up with travel expert Lee Abbamonte to unveil his "Top 10 Destinations to Discover in 2015." As the youngest American to visit every country in the world, Abbamonte has dedicated his life to finding and creating new adventures.
"For me, having new and unexpected experiences is one of the great joys of travel and that is why I created a list of Top 10 Destinations to Discover in 2015," said Abbamonte. "I'm always on the lookout for things that are unique, whether it's culture, music or food, and I am excited to be working with Brookside Chocolate's Crunchy Clusters as this new snack is perfect for anyone who has a sense of adventure like me."
In addition to discovering new Brookside Chocolate's Crunchy Clusters, Lee Abbamonte has also created an exclusive list of amazing destinations that travelers should explore in 2015:
- Calgary, Canada – Calgary is great for sports – including bobsledding in the winter and rodeos throughout the summer. Nearby Banff National Park is one of the best parks in North America and offers amazing skiing, hiking, golf, hotels and restaurants.
- Phoenix, Arizona – Phoenix on a must-discover list may surprise some people, but it's a great place to catch a spring training baseball game and excellent culinary delights. Phoenix is a great base for visiting some of America's best national parks, such as the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park in southern Utah.
- Sydney, Australia – Australia has many of the same offerings as the U.S., but with just eight percent of the population and a relaxed outdoor vibe. Visit the Sydney Harbour BridgeClimb, walk from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach and take the Manly Ferry to get a great view of the harbor. Check out local zoos to play with koalas.
- Miami, Florida – Miami is great for obvious reasons such as South Beach and Coconut Grove, but Miami also hosts world-class events and various music festivals. It also is home to beautiful botanical gardens and unique historic sites such as the Spanish Monastery, which is one of the oldest buildings in the Western Hemisphere.
- Egypt – One of the most historic places to discover, Egypt is also very affordable. See the pyramids, visit Aswan and Abu Simbel for ancient sites, and head to Luxor for the Valley of the Kings. Check out the Red Sea resorts for some of the best diving and beaches in the Middle East at Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab.
- Reykjavik, Iceland – Reykjavik is an up and coming city and well worth spending time discovering local sites and flavors. There are amazing waterfalls, ice caves and views of the Northern Lights. Iceland is the best place in the world for a road trip to see dramatic scenery and animals.
- Norway – Norway offers the best hiking in Europe and some of the most scenic views. From iconic Kjeragbolten and Preikestolen to the far north in the Arctic and the stunning fjords, Norway is a must for 2015!
- Austin, Texas – From the best BBQ in America to epic musical festivals, Austin continues to evolve. It's a great city for walking and biking with excellent parks and riding trails for healthy outdoor adventure.
- Turkey – Istanbul is one of the best cities on earth and beach towns such as Antalya and Kemer offer some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean. The center of the country is ripe with mystery in Cappadoccia, and Izmir is a great alternative city to explore in 2015.
- Cape Town, South Africa – In Cape Town, hike Table Mountain and Lion's Head and relax on Camps Bay or Clifton Beach while taking in Africa's best eating and social scene. Discover the wine regions of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek or go shark diving at Gansbaai.
Much like the suggested travel destinations, Brookside Chocolate is where exploration, discovery and uncommon flavors are found. Brookside chocolatiers have artfully blended exotic fruit juices, fine ingredients and flavors from around the world to create alluring combinations such as Brookside Dark Chocolate Açai and Blueberry flavors, Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate flavor and Brookside Dark Chocolate Gogi and Raspberry flavors.
The latest addition to the Brookside Chocolate product line up, Brookside Chocolate's Crunchy Clusters, are now available nationwide at food, mass, drug and convenience stores in 2.5-ounce, 5-ounce and 15-ounce sizes with a suggested retail price of $2.59, $4.19 and $10.69, respectively.
For more information, please visit www.brooksidechocolate.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BrooksideChocolate. Fans of Brookside Chocolate's Crunchy Clusters are invited to share their excitement for the newly launched snacks and photos of discoveries via social media using #DiscoverBrookside.
About The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to the world through its chocolate, sweets, mints and other great-tasting snacks. Hershey has approximately 13,000 employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company, which has more than 80 brands worldwide that drive over $7.1 billion in annual revenues, includes such iconic brand names as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Jolly Rancher and Ice Breakers. Hershey is focused on growing its presence in key international markets while continuing to build its competitive advantage in North America. Additionally, Hershey is poised to expand its portfolio into categories beyond confectionery, finding new ways to bring goodness to people everywhere.
At Hershey, goodness has always been about more than delicious products. For 120 years, Hershey has been committed to good business by operating fairly, ethically and sustainably to make a positive impact on society. This means contributing to a better life for its employees, consumers, communities, and, ultimately, creating a bright future for children in need. This commitment is exemplified by Milton Hershey School, established in 1909 by the company's founder and administered by Hershey Trust Company. The children who attend the school receive education, housing, and medical care — thriving as direct beneficiaries of The Hershey Company's success.
SOURCE Brookside Chocolate