CLEVELAND, Dec. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC) has selected Discovery Benefits Inc., one of the fastest-growing employee benefits administers, as winner of the 2018 Award for Excellence in Business Transformation. WfMC selected Discovery Benefits for its innovative case management solution, built on Hyland's intuitive and flexible OnBase enterprise information platform. This is the fifth consecutive year WfMC has recognized a Hyland customer for their strategic and forward-looking case management solutions.
Taking an enterprise-wide approach to case management, Discovery Benefits built multiple case-driven applications across the organization, including within the:
- Online self-service platform, giving customers control of their policy renewal, account information and services requests.
- Claims department, helping process nearly 15,000 claims a day by providing instant access to the information analysts need to process a claim.
- Human resources department, which leverages the solution's integration with UltiPro, pulling information daily to keep employees' most relevant information up-to-date for review, to run reports and to build cases tied to specific team members.
- Sales department, using the SalesForce integration, to open a new customer account as soon as a new deal is signed. Once the account is created, managers can assign processes and cases – which are routed to specific team members.
- Legal department, leveraging the DocuSign integration to streamline the contracting process with new clients.
- Customer management department, to track customer interactions, client notes and phone calls.
"Taking a holistic, enterprise approach to information management has helped us break down data silos, eliminate IT sprawl and gain greater control of our clients' information to offer the best services possible to our customers," said Dean Johnson, OnBase manager at Discovery Benefits. "Our OnBase case management solutions have allowed us to increase the volume of output and compete against third-party administrators much larger than us."
"Discovery Benefits has embraced the unlimited potential within the OnBase platform and perfectly exemplifies an organization that has achieved strategic digital and business transformation with case management capabilities," said Cara McFarlane, insurance solution marketing manager at Hyland. "The company's success is seen through more streamlined processes, better client service, lower total cost of ownership and time savings for employees. We congratulate Discovery Benefits on its award-winning approach to case management and look forward to continued success with this future-proof growth strategy."
The prestigious Global Awards for Excellence in Business Transformation recognize user organizations that have demonstrably excelled in implementing innovative business solutions to meet strategic business objectives. Business Transformation aligns people, organizational processes and technology initiatives of a company with its business strategy and vision with the aim of achieving significant competitive advantages. Award submissions were assessed by a panel of 23 judges using 15 distinct evaluation factors within the criteria of innovation, implementation and impact.
For more information about case management use cases for insurance, visit OnBase.com/Insurance.
About OnBase by Hyland
OnBase is a single enterprise information platform for managing content, processes and cases deployed on-premises or in the Hyland Cloud. Providing enterprise content management (ECM), case management, business process management (BPM), records management and capture all on a single platform, OnBase transforms organizations around the globe by empowering them to become more agile, efficient and effective. Enterprise cloud-based sharing capability for the OnBase platform is available with our complementary offering, ShareBase by Hyland. To learn more about how more than 15,800 organizations are digitizing their workplaces to transform their business operations, visit OnBase.com.