TORTOLA, B.V.I., May 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The weather is heating up and so are the dive deals in the British Virgin Islands. The British Virgin Islands (BVI) Tourist Board invites travelers to dive into crystal-clear waters and enjoy the colorful marine life with a variety of dive-specific offers available throughout the islands. Dive deals are available from a variety of resorts, hotels and diving schools and include discounts on accommodations as well as diving experiences.
Diving is one of the most popular activities on the islands and an underwater exploration fulfills the desire for adventure and beauty. With many exotic dive sites on the islands, there's much to see under the surface of the BVI.
There is something to explore for divers of all skill levels in waters varying from 25 to 100 feet. Located at an average depth of 30 feet are the Painted Walls at Peter Island that are filled with color and consist of a series of canyons, reefs, and arches covered in marine life. For the more advanced divers, the Chikuzen, a sunken vessel located 12 miles northeast of Virgin Gorda, is a remote site that is home to various types of sharks and schools of barracuda. Another top diving site is The Cathedral at Jost Van Dyke that known for its high ceilings and magnificent display of sunlight that shines through its opening.
Beyond diving packages, the BVI has much to offer for families, couples, and individuals. Visitors can indulge in exciting activities from island exploration to luxurious sailing excursions, making it the perfect destination for divers and companions alike.
High-res images are available upon request.
- Bitter End Yacht Club: Come visit the Caribbean's premiere watersports & active lifestyle resort. Enjoy a luxurious Garden View Room and three two-tank dives per person when staying five nights. Go on one of 15 scheduled excursions, or sample Bitter End's rental fleet of over 100 boats. Dine at the Clubhouse or Crawl Pub, or enjoy a cocktail at the new Windward Mark Bar.
- Blue Water Divers: Ten percent discount at hotel for divers! Nanny Cay has a charming 40 room hotel nestled in a tropical oasis garden setting and features all the creature comforts of home. The cay boasts two great restaurants, sail and power-boat rentals, fishing, tennis, volleyball, fresh water pool by the sea and engaging boutiques.
- Braveheart: Braveheart is offering ten percent off for dive charters booked to occur before Dec. 15, 2015. Scuba diving, dive instruction, and scuba compressors are included on week long trips around the BVI.
- Cooper Island Beach Club: Reserve a week at the Cooper Island Beach Club and enjoy five days of diving (ten dive package) for the price of an eight dive package. Offer valid from May 1-December 24, 2015. Subject to space available. Please use offer code SCD2015 when making reservation.
- Long Bay Beach Club: Spend your days discovering the vibrant reefs and exotic underwater ecosystems of the BVI with Jost Van Dyke SCUBA. Enjoy your evenings relaxing on your private balcony of the deluxe beachfront accommodations of Long Bay Beach Club. Choose a five or seven night unique package for one or two divers including breakfast at the resort's own 1748 Restaurant followed by a full day (two tank) of exploring the magnificent dive locations unique to Jost Van Dyke SCUBA.
- Peter Island Resort & Spa: Come and dive in beautiful blue waters while taking in the magnificent sights of the reefs and fish that surround the island. This package includes accommodations, all meals, a guide to Caribbean fish, dive equipment for two tank dive, a private full-day charter to explore the islands with a 2-tank dive at a dive location of your choice, a two tank dive to the Wreck of the Rhone with Paradise Watersports and a champagne picnic lunch at Honeymoon or White Bay Beach.
About the British Virgin Islands
An archipelago comprised of 60 islands and cays, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) are located 80 kilometers east of Puerto Rico, in the northwestern region of the Caribbean Sea. The main islands are Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada and Jost Van Dyke. Road Town, located on Tortola, is the British Virgin Island's capital.
The BVI is renowned as a destination for sailing, diving and snorkeling. The destination's vast topography provides unique opportunities for hiking, outdoor adventure and sustainable tourism.
The BVI is home to many famous attractions that include The Baths on Virgin Gorda, the Wreck of the Rhone off the coast of Salt Island, The Caves off the coast of Norman Island, the flamingos on Anegada, White Bay Beach on Jost Van Dyke, and Sage Mountain on Tortola.
Despite its status as a United Kingdom territory, the BVI uses the U.S. dollar as its official currency.
The BVI Tourist Board invites everyone to experience the seduction of our pristine and exquisite home. For more information on all that BVI has to offer, visit www.bvitourism.com.
U.S. Media Contact
SOURCE British Virgin Islands Tourist Board