OAK BROOK, Ill., June 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world, inspires consumers to embrace summer with the release of expert-approved seasonal paint color and décor trends. Ace's Design Experts Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.), Katie Reynolds (Atlanta, Ga.) and Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.), have revealed the must-have design and color trends for the summer, which incorporate classic colors and vibrant hues to help homeowners brighten up their homes this season.
Drawing inspiration from favorite summer pastimes and the Clark+Kensington® paint+primer in one collection, Ace's Design Experts created warm, playful palettes reminiscent of the island seas and classic Americana, from deep turquoise blues and sugar-kissed pastels to warm, earthy neutrals.
"This time of year offers an opportunity to create your perfect summer oasis by bringing sunny shades from the outdoors into your home" said Fischer. "Use the time and creativity summer offers to experiment with fun, colorful hues and tackle new projects to give your home a much-needed refresh."
Ace's Design Experts Julie, Nathan and Katie have selected the following Clark+Kensington shades as their top color picks for summer:
- Experiment with bold accent colors this season. Pair an unexpected neutral like Early Frost 36A-1 with a deep red like Daring Red 06B-7 on tables or planters.
- Try a rich, cool blue hue like Heirloom China 37C-7 on pieces that are part of the original architecture of the home, such as cabinets or woodwork.
- Pairing pastel pinks like Believe 07A-1 with crisp whites like Alpine Snow NLL00 create a simple, yet refreshing look - especially in a space filled with natural light.
- Weave dark and light colors throughout a room to achieve a dramatic, modern look. Try pairing different shades of gray like Silk and Satin N-C27 on the walls with Charcoal Cashmere N-C14 on the window frames or through furniture in a living room or den.
- When painting a bathroom, try combining three or more shades of blue in a space to achieve a relaxing, beachy feel. Fun Days 31C-5, Ticket to Paradise 31B-4 and Relaxation 33A-3 create the perfect combination of rich blue hues that will look great year-round.
- Surround yourself with bright, cheery colors this season. Creamy oranges like Orchard Street 10C-4 and punchy purples such as Do You Lilac It? NLB29 (from the OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington) are great options to add fun pops of colors to furniture and décor accessories in a frequently used space, such as a family room or office.
- Depending on the time of day, color can look different on the wall. When refreshing your bedroom or office with a pastel like Alaskan Mist 27C-1, try a small swatch on the wall before committing to the entire space.
- Create a tranquil oasis in a bedroom by combining cool whites like Linen CW-W6 with shades of blue inspired by the sea, such as Barbados Blue 34C-2.
With longer days, summer is the perfect season to tackle a few quick décor updates. Ace's Design Experts shared their top design tips to bring this season's colors to life:
- For a more modern look, limit bright accent shades to just one piece per room and focus on a single accent table or chair.
- Use 2-3 similar color tones within a room to add dimension in a space without creating an overly matched feel.
- Bold colors add drama, so be sure to balance the space with at least one softer shade.
- Each season, refresh accessories and remove any clutter in rooms you use often, like an office or family room. This will keep your favorite spaces looking unique and fresh!
- Utilize both warm and cool elements in a room. Keep it simple, but not boring, by layering alternating hues through accessories, accent pieces and a neutral wall color.
- Vary the scale of your furniture by layering accessories in a room. For example, with a chunky couch, pick out a delicate, more feminine lamp for the end table to create depth in the space.
- Create a smooth transition between adjoining rooms by carrying over one color from each space in an unexpected way, such as using the wall color from one room as the color for an accent table in the other.
Clark+Kensington®, a premium line of paint+primer in one, is available exclusively at the Paint Studio at Ace. The paint line features designer-selected hues that cover the entire color spectrum to provide homeowners with a selection of beautiful, livable colors.
Designed to help homeowners find the perfect paint color, The Paint Studio at Ace features eye-catching color racks, unique pullout drawers and easy to use color cards to simplify the color selection process. Paired with the helpful service and knowledgeable advice customers can expect from Ace associates, The Paint Studio at Ace provides a world-class paint experience right in consumers' neighborhood hardware stores.
For more information on Clark+Kensington or Ace's Design Experts, please stop by your neighborhood Ace or visit www.thepaintstudio.com.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. With more than 4,800 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 17 distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dive-into-summer-with-the-seasons-top-paint-color-and-decor-trends-from-ace-hardware-300291157.html
SOURCE Ace Hardware