BETHESDA, Md., July 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- As data continues to inundate businesses from around the world, the risks associated with it continue to grow at an incredible pace. Recently, data breaches, identity theft and the loss of customer trust have brought the issue of privacy into the spotlight. To assist its client base in implementing privacy best practices in app and website development, DMI announced today that it has enhanced its enterprise mobility toolkit with a wide range of privacy services, which some clients such as Vodafone, Telefonica and Brand Vegas have already utilized. Visit http://dminc.com/mobility-platforms/dmi-privacy-offering/ to learn more.
- Ensuring privacy in a post-Snowden world - In order to provide a personalized online experience, enterprises need to collect data on users. However, lack of trust and knowledge of how, where and why the data will be used makes users reluctant to give access to their personal information.
- Implementing privacy best practices - The DMI Privacy Offering enhances the company's existing app and website development solutions with a comprehensive program that provides the following components:
- Audit: Identify privacy regulations and best practices that apply to the client, regardless of industry, assess the need for each and then provide the recommended implementation where required.
- UX/UI review: Detailed analysis of the implementation of privacy by design as an integral part of the user journey.
- UX/UI design: Assistance in executing privacy-friendly design throughout company applications or mobile website.
- Education of users: Provide tailored communications to ensure and educate users about the benefits of sharing personal data for a more personalized service and how they can feel secure in doing so.
Agathe Caffier, CIPP/E and general legal counsel for DMI/Euro, said:
"Over the past several years, the topic of privacy has gone from relative anonymity to headline news. Whether in reference to a data breach or an extensive and invasive use of data by big players such as Facebook and Google, privacy has become one of the most widely discussed topics today. Although concern is rising, there is still a fair amount of confusion and lack of knowledge around how best to protect end users and corporate interests. In fact, it is not unusual to see enterprise solutions that haven't been developed with privacy at their core. Our mission through this offering is to educate and provide guidance on the implementation of privacy best practices to our clients."
DMI, the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.