SEATTLE, Jan. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DomainTools, the leader in domain name and DNS-based cyber threat intelligence, today announced an upcoming webinar, 'From the Front Lines: Practical Application of DNS Threat Intel Data,' that will examine the growing trend of using DNS-based threat intelligence to defend against high risk and advanced cybersecurity attacks. Robert M. Lee, a SANS Certified Instructor and CEO and founder of cybersecurity company Dragos Security LLC, and Tim Helming, director of product management for DomainTools, will host the webinar on Wednesday, Jan. 13 at 10am PT. To register for this webcast, please go here.
Today's security teams must make fast decisions to protect and defend their businesses against adversaries who are developing increasingly sophisticated techniques and attack vectors. While the sheer volume of breaches has risen dramatically year over year since 2009, so has the amount of "cyber fingerprint" data and breadcrumbs created by attackers. Armed with the right data and investigation tools, security analysts can more easily identify and defend their organizations against these threat actors. In this exclusive webinar, cybersecurity veterans from SANS and DomainTools will share real-world examples of breaches, specific indicators of attacks, and how to use DNS data and OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) to protect your business from being compromised.
DomainTools Webinar: From the Front Lines: Practical Application of DNS Threat Intel Data
- Robert M. Lee, SANS Certified Instructor and CEO and founder of Dragos Security LLC
- Tim Helming, Director of Product Management for DomainTools
When: Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2016 at 10am PT
- Specific indicators of attack and potential compromise that can be found in DNS, both internally and externally
- Other examples of breaches and attack scenarios where domain profile information could have helped detect or prevent the attacks
- How DNS intelligence helped expose the attack infrastructure behind one of the most sophisticated ICS (Industrial Control Systems) malware families
- Ways to better defend against attacks and data exfiltration using DNS and large-scale threat intelligence
DomainTools is the leader in domain name and DNS-based cyber threat intelligence. With over 15 years of 'cyber fingerprint' data across the global Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threats, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Fortune 500 companies, global government agencies, and many security solution vendors use the DomainTools platform as a critical ingredient in their threat investigation and mitigation work. Learn more about how to connect the dots on criminal activity at http://www.domaintools.com or follow us on Twitter: @domaintools