CLEVELAND, April 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion East Ohio reminds customers that available company payment plans and government energy assistance programs can help them maintain vital natural gas service throughout the year. Customers who know they will not be able to maintain regular payments are urged to contact Dominion East Ohio immediately to inquire about payment plans and energy assistance programs. For additional information, customers can call Dominion East Ohio at 800-362-7557. Hearing-impaired customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf can call 711.
Dominion East Ohio also offers the following payment options to residential and small commercial customers (using less than 500 thousand cubic feet (MCF) a year):
- Budget Billing allows customers to pay a fixed budget amount each month, based on annual gas usage. Dominion East Ohio periodically reviews the budget amount and adjusts it, if necessary, so that the customer will not have a high balance or large credit at the end of the budget year. Customers should call Dominion East Ohio for more information.
- Current-Plus Plan: Customers with a past-due balance pay their current monthly bill, plus one-sixth of the total account balance at the time they enroll in the plan.
- The One-Ninth Plan allows customers to pay one-ninth of their total account balance each month plus a calculated budget amount.
- Short–Term Extension grants up to five additional days to pay before the next bill date.
- Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus): To qualify for this special payment plan, developed by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, a customer's yearly gross household income can be up to 150 percent of federal poverty guidelines. Under PIPP Plus, participating customers may maintain their natural gas service by paying 6 percent of their total gross monthly household income, or $10, whichever is greater.
PIPP Plus has special benefits for participating customers. Each time customers make their required PIPP Plus monthly payments in full by the due date, Dominion East Ohio will credit their accounts for the rest of that month's current charges, plus a one-twenty-fourth credit toward their prior account balances. After 24 months of on-time and in-full PIPP Plus payments, their accounts would become current.
The PIPP Plus maximum yearly household gross income levels for the 2016-2017 program year are: $17,820 for one person; $24,030 for two people; $30,240 for three; $36,450 for four; $42,660 for five; $48,870 for six; $55,095 for seven; and $61,335 for eight. Add $6,240 for each additional person.
Government Assistance Programs
- Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) is a federally-funded program that provides grants for home weatherization projects to customers whose incomes are no more than 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines. To qualify, a customer's yearly gross household income can be up to $23,760 for one person; $32,040 for two; $40,320 for three; $48,600 for four; $56,880 for five; $65,160 for six; $73,460 for seven; and $81,780 for eight. Add $8,320 for each additional person.
There may be other programs available for income-eligible customers. Customers can apply for all programs with one application at www.energyhelp.ohio.gov. Applications also are available at post offices and libraries or by calling 1-800-282-0880. Hearing-impaired customers with Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf can call 711.
Dominion East Ohio Assistance/Conservation Programs
- Dominion EnergyShare is a last-resort program after all other state and federal assistance is exhausted. The Salvation Army administers the Dominion-funded program. It is available to Dominion East Ohio customers with a shutoff off notice or who have been disconnected. Applications are still being accepted through May 31, or until funds are exhausted. Customers should contact their local Salvation Army Corps for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- Dominion's Housewarming Program also provides weatherization assistance to help eligible customers reduce their energy usage. For information, call the Cleveland Housing Network (CHN) at 1-888-377-3774.
- Dominion East Ohio's Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) Program through CLEAResult has been designed to help our residential customers improve their homes' energy efficiency. It all starts with a home energy assessment. Whether customers are making energy-efficient improvements to their current home or recently purchased a new home, they can benefit from having a home energy assessment. Rebates up to $1,250 are available for eligible improvements. Visit www.deohpwes.com for more information.
For more information about any energy assistance or weatherization program, visit www.dom.com or call 1-800-362-7557.
Dominion (NYSE: D) is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 26,400 megawatts of generation, 15,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,600 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com.
SOURCE Dominion East Ohio