SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, Calif., Sept. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- There's still time to savor once-a-year, exclusive experiences at Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast – the West Coast's premier wine and food event (Sept. 25-28).
Time is running out to experience some of the best Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast has to offer, including culinary adventures with local farmers and a rare and glamorous evening at Hearst Castle complete with lavish food and wine. Or win a chance to get free tickets to witness the final battle between nationally renowned chefs in the 2014 Lamb Jam.
"One of the things I love most about Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast is its one-of-a-kind experiences," said Stacie Jacob, CEO of Visit San Luis Obispo County, which organizes the event with Sunset magazine, the premier guide to living in the West. "Most wine and food events across the nation feel like they can happen anywhere, but Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast looks and feels like the pages of Sunset magazine come to life. It's a wonderful way to experience the best of the good life on California's Central Coast."
Tickets to these only-at-Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast experiences are still available if you act fast:
- Sunset at Hearst Castle (Sept. 25) - This spectacular event takes place in a new location on the grounds, with more chefs and expanded regional dishes – paired with medal-winning wines from the 2014 Sunset International Wine Competition. This is the first public event to feature these incredible wines from around the world. Rather than wrap around the Neptune Pool as in previous years, this year's party will surround Casa Grande, Hearst Castle's main building, as the sounds of San Luis Jazz Band float in the air and inspire you to dance. Local chef Meagen Loring of Meagen Loring Catering teams up with guest chef James Siao from the Finch and Fork Restaurant in Santa Barbara.
- Lamb Jam Masters Finale (Sept. 28) – American local lamb is having a renaissance and is one of the hottest items popping up on the country's hottest menus. Purchase your ticket to Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast Main Event and receive FREE tickets to a Lamb Jam seminar in Chef Central (limited quantity available) to discover why chefs and tastemakers are falling in love with "the new lamb". Use code LambJamSpecial when you click on the Lamb Jam seminar of your choice at purchase.
- Learn to Cook Local Farm Cuisine with Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa Chef (Sept. 25) - Hosted by Sunset Food Editor Margo True, this private class takes guests on a farm-to-table culinary adventure overlooking the sea. Chef Jacob Moss of Lido restaurant demonstrates how to transform fruits and vegetables from Loo Loo Farms and 805 Beef into a delicious grilled meal, paired with wines from Adelaida Cellars of Paso Robles (2013 Wine Region of the Year).
- Explore the Farm and Foodie Secrets of Arroyo Grande (Sept. 26) - The historic town of Arroyo Grande sets the stage for this progressive culinary adventure. This walking tour begins at Comfort Market where Talley Farms experts and Comfort Market chefs will get your hands dirty as you learn how to make the most of your produce-centered meals. After a farmstead lunch, accompanied by Talley Vineyards wines, you'll go next door to the famous Doc Burnstein's Ice Cream Lab to enjoy an ice-cream making experience and learn about chocolate from the Chocolate Sheet. Bruce Anderson, Sunset Magazine Editor-At-Large, joins you for this intimate foodie journey.
- Celebrate Autumn's Harvest at Windrose Farm in Paso Robles (Sept. 26) – Join Sunset Garden Editor Johanna Silver at this amazing fifty-acre family farm, starting with a harvest tour led by the owners. Sample an array of the farm's signature heirloom tomatoes and learn how fresh produce can enhance handcrafted beverages as you enjoy one-of-a-kind Bloody Mary's made with fresh Windrose tomatoes and local RE:FIND distillery spirits. For lunch, sit down to a farm-to-fork picnic bounty prepared by the talented chefs of Avila's Ocean Grill.
- The Main Event at Santa Margarita Ranch (Sept. 27-28) offers special wine and food tastings, travel and lifestyle seminars led by Sunset experts, and special ticketed programs (just $25) such as:
- The much-anticipated American Lamb Board's national grand finale contest, Lamb Jam Masters Finale, where chefs from all over the U.S. battle for top honors.
- Sunday chef and winemaker seminars are a best-kept secret, with fewer crowds and amazing learnings, such as how to test your wine Blind Tasting Skills. Or push the boundaries of wine tasting and taste unconventional blends at the Grow Wild with Paso Robles Wines seminar. Or savor culinary secrets and trends during intimate sessions with celebrity chef Tanya Holland and Sunset Food Editor Margo True.
SOURCE Visit San Luis Obispo County