NEW YORK, Jan. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Top executives with restructuring firms, leading bankruptcy attorneys and other industry experts will discuss the risks and rewards of opportunities emerging for distressed debt fundraising, investment, deal flow, liquidity and returns at the Dow Jones Daily Bankruptcy Review Restructuring & Turnaround Summit on March 10, 2010 in New York.
Conference speakers will provide first-hand information about the strategies investors, turnaround specialists and service providers are using to revive companies, which industries have the most promise for future returns and what can be expected in 2010. Featured keynote speakers are:
- Jeffrey H. Aronson, managing principal, Centerbridge Partners. Mr. Aronson is in the unique position to provide in-depth insight on these deals and the overall deal-making environment, as well as offer an inside look at Centerbridge's plans for 2010 and beyond.
- Steven Persky, co-founder & managing partner, Dalton Investments. With a true "in the trenches" perspective, Mr. Persky comes to the conference to discuss the current credit environment and the potential and perils for doing deals in the coming months.
- John J. Rapisardi, partner, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP. Mr. Rapisardi, is co-chair of Cadwalader's Financial Restructuring Department and has served as outside counsel to the United States Department of Treasury and the Presidential Task Force on the restructuring of Chrysler, General Motors and Delphi and, most recently, the restructuring of CIT, the distressed bank holding company.
- Steven Rattner, former counselor to the secretary & lead auto advisor, United States Department of Treasury. Mr. Rattner, who co-founded the Quadrangle Group in 2000, recently rose to national prominence as the "Auto Czar" in the Obama Administration's reorganizations of Chrysler and General Motors. He will share his perspectives on what it will take to turn around the U.S. auto industry and what role government will play in future corporate restructurings and turnarounds.
- Michael Tennenbaum, senior managing partner, Tennenbaum Capital Partners. A seasoned and successful distressed investor, Mr. Tennenbaum will discuss how his firm's hedge fund navigated the financial downturn, what it sees in airlines and what it plans to do with its freshly closed fund.
The one-day conference will address today's evolving marketplace with keynote speakers and panel discussions providing insight on topics including:
- Where the economy is going and what's ahead for distressed-focused firms and service providers.
- The role the government will play going forward with troubled companies.
- How the bankruptcy process continues to change and what's next.
- The opportunities and risks in tackling the commercial real estate market.
- The willingness of lenders to work with troubled companies.
- The types of deals distressed investors think make the most sense now.
Gold sponsors of the Dow Jones Daily Bankruptcy Review Restructuring & Turnaround Summit are Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP and Mayer Brown LLP. Silver sponsors are Getzler Henrich and Loughlin Meghji + Company.
To register or learn more, visit http://bit.ly/DBRS10, call 866-291-1800, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Full-time journalists and members of the traditional media can request a press pass by contacting Kim Gagliardi at (603) 864-8873 or email@example.com.
ABOUT DOW JONES
Dow Jones & Company (www.dowjones.com) is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; www.newscorp.com) and a leading provider of global news and business information. Its principal products include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Dow Jones Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Dow Jones Indexes. Its Local Media Group operates community-based newspapers and Web sites. Dow Jones also provides news content to television and radio stations.
SOURCE Dow Jones & Company