NEW YORK, Jan. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Amazon and other shipping companies have been heavily investing in drone delivery services and the convenience store 7-Eleven has even launched the first regular commercial drone delivery in the U.S this week. But are Americans ready to trust and adopt this new technology?
ReportLinker has conducted a survey to answer the question and results show that:
- 47% of Americans are interested in the drone delivery technology
- Men (53%) and younger Millennials aged 18-24 (72%) are much more interested in drone delivery service than other groups
- Online shoppers say the items they're most likely to ship with a drone are apparel and electronics.
When citing the biggest factors in choosing a shipping option:
- 26% of US respondents say the cost is the primary reason
- 21% mention the speed of delivery
- And 18% make their choice based on the service's reliability
And despite the role drones already play in the medical and humanitarian sectors
- Only 10% of survey respondents say they'd use a drone for such deliveries.
To see all the survey results and download infographics click here.
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations. We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
T: +1 347 903 1913
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/drone-delivery-47-of-americans-are-ready-to-adopt-the-technology-300385798.html