LOS ANGELES, July 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The seventh edition of Dwell on Design (www.dwellondesign.com) saw a significant increase in sales and attendance throughout its three-day run at the Los Angeles Convention Center. This remarkable growth officially makes Dwell on Design the largest modern design experience in the nation. Modern design enthusiasts from around the world descended upon the Los Angeles Convention Center for a full host of discussions, demonstrations, home tours, and a diverse array of exhibits covering every aspect of the modern lifestyle. During the week leading up to the show, visitors also enjoyed a series of local events hosted in design showrooms throughout the city as part of Dwell Design Week. Dwell on Design attracted a record number 27,428 attendees and combined with Dwell Design Week activities 30,000 visitors experienced the Dwell brand across Los Angeles. The Presenting Auto Sponsor of Dwell on Design was Infiniti.
"Dwell on Design is a true festival of ideas and innovation," said Dwell Media President Michela O'Connor Abrams. "We've worked hard to create a unique, immersive, and thoroughly unforgettable modern design experience. And based on the reaction this year, we feel that we're just hitting our stride as the fastest growing design event in the country."
Dwell on Design 2012 highlights included:
- A stirring keynote by Architecture for Humanity Founder Cameron Sinclair and presentations by 190 industry influencers and innovators, including Bryan Cranston, and Ed Begley, Jr. Over 1000 different brands were represented on the show floor.
- Dwell Outdoor stole the show with three full-scale prefab structures housed in a fully landscaped garden, punctuated by unique architecture and other outdoor structures and furniture.
- Dwell and DWR announced the winner of the first-ever Live/Work Contest. Chicago-based Amanda Ip took the prize with the simple, functional and fun Innermix Table.
- A jury that included HGTV's Emily Henderson, the Los Angeles Times' David Keeps, and LACMA's Bobbye Tigerman walked the show floor and presented winners in each category of show, as well as Best New Product and Best in Show as part of the 2nd Annual Dwell on Design Awards. For a full list of winners go here.
- The winners of the AIA/Los Angeles Restaurant Design Awards were announced by Barbara Lazaroff. For a full list of winners go here.
- Lulan and Dwell announced the launch of the "Material Change" competition. The winning textile design will be added to Lulan's collection.
- The Green Car Ride and Drive, sponsored by Green Car Journal and Infiniti, gave visitors the opportunity to drive new-to-market sustainable vehicles of every different type of technology, including: Infiniti's M® Hybrid, Chevy's Volt electric car, Fisker's Karma, Acura's ILX Hybrid, CODA electric car, electric Audi A3 e-tron, Ford Focus Electric, Mercedes-Benz F-Cell hydrogen vehicle, VW Touareg hybrid, and the VW Passat running on biodiesel.
- The show drew over 400 members of the media and was featured on E!, KABC, KTLA, National Public Radio, and countless design blogs.
Dwell on Design confirmed that it is the only show of its scale that can create such an immersive, content-driven design experience. With such a stellar mix of programming and exhibitions, Dwell on Design 2012 proved to be one of the most successful in the show's history.
ABOUT DWELL MEDIA
Dwell Media, LLC (Dwell) is the parent company of Dwell magazine, Dwell Digital, Dwell on Design, Dwell Research + Strategy, and The Dwell Homes Collection. Founded in 2000 by Lara Hedberg Deam, Dwell has received countless industry awards and is widely regarded as the leading voice of the modern design movement.
For more information, go to www.dwellondesign.com.
Please contact Haily Zaki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323.712.0298 with all media inquiries.
SOURCE Dwell Media, LLC