LEESBURG, Va., Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnilert®, LLC today announced the upcoming release of e2Campus® uAlert™ version 4.0, the leading interactive safety communication solution for education. A major new enhancement includes an easier attendance notification tool that enables K12 schools and school districts to notify parents when students are absent. Another significant enhancement allows recipients of phone or text alerts to reply back to the school's alerts for voting, polling and feedback. The latest version also includes an intuitive Opt-Out Manager that walks administrators through a simple yet effective process to quickly and accurately add contacts to the system. Version 4.0 will be available later this fall.
"Schools are focusing on reducing truancy and improving attendance, because funding is often directly related to attendance records," said Ara Bagdasarian, CEO at Omnilert. "The new release offers a much faster yet easier way for schools to notify parents of absent children. Keeping parents informed and involved reduces truancy rates."
Bagdasarian continued, "Communicating with parents should be easy. Whether a district needs to close a school early for an incident, inform a single parent that a child is absent, or ask the community which day of the week is best for PTO meetings, e2Campus makes it a breeze."
Other updates include:
- Expanded User Management API - Allows schools to develop their own custom software and/or interface to manage users in the e2Campus system.
- SmartMapping - Automatically maps data on any exported file into what e2Campus needs during the upload and synchronization process. This allows e2Campus to integrate with any type of school data, including ANY learning management system or student information system.
- MultiFeed - A multi-headed RSS engine that allows for more than one RSS feed for schools with different RSS feeds for different buildings, multiple feeds for multiple devices, etc.
- Service Name Override - Allows schools to rename services to their own liking, such as renaming "SMS" to be called "Text Messages", or "Web Widget" to be called "Home Page".
- SMS Validation Resend – Enables a school administrator to resend text message validation codes to new users to complete double opt-in registration.
- New "My e2Campus Pages" rebuilt for faster load speeds and better mobile experience.
- Ability to hide the wireless carrier list on the end user registration form.
- Enhanced security controls.
Used by more than 800 schools around the country, e2Campus is the leading safety communication solution for education. The e2Campus 360 Safety Suite includes uAlert, uTip, uSafe, uConference, Hotline and the Multimodal Showcase. The award-winning flagship service, uAlert, is the first and most trusted unified emergency notification system in education. Higher education clients include large schools such as Arizona State, Penn State, and Cal Poly as well as hundreds of smaller schools with as few as 100 students. K12 clients include large school systems such as St. Tammany Parish Public School System to small private day schools. To learn more, visit www.e2Campus.com. Existing client administrators can discover online resources in a peer-driven community at www.e2Campus.org.
Omnilert, LLC develops intuitive communication technologies that keep communities safe and connected. The company's flagship service is a Tier-1 unified mass notification system that enables a single person to communicate timely information to thousands of people anywhere, anytime, on any device or service. The award-winning company's 4,000 clients include the U.S. Army, Bayer, Mazda, sanofi-aventis, Arizona State University, Penn State, Marine Corps Marathon, YMCA, American Red Cross, and UNICEF. Omnilert solutions are sold under the brand names e2Campus, Amerilert, and RainedOut. The privately held company is headquartered in Leesburg, Va., and at www.omnilert.com online.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Omnilert, LLC