SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, eBay announced partnerships with leading service providers Handy, Porch and InstallerNet, which will allow shoppers to easily book installation services on a massive selection of eBay inventory. When purchasing items that require installation or assembly, eBay shoppers will have the ability to add a service from the most appropriate provider as part of the checkout process.
"A massive amount of home and electronic items are sold on eBay daily, many of which require professional installation," said Alyssa Steele, Vice President of Merchandising at eBay. "With these new partnerships, we're able to combine our incredible selection of inventory with easy access to affordable and trusted service professionals, making eBay a one-stop shop for our customers."
Handy, Porch and InstallerNet offer a wide array of services, and each will connect eBay shoppers with pre-screened local service professionals across the United States.
- Handy: Headquartered in New York City, Handy is changing the way that people book home services. From home cleaning to TV mounting, smart home setup to furniture assembly, customers turn to Handy for a great experience that provides them with the home services they need, wherever they are, whenever they want them. With a seamless 60-second booking process, the Handy platform is trusted by the world's top retail brands and is available nationwide.
- Porch: Based in Seattle, Porch is a home services platform that has redesigned how homeowners get projects done to make the process simple. Porch has assembled a highly skilled and trustworthy network of professionals who can tackle over 1,000 different projects from small jobs like TV mounting and furniture assembly, to large remodel projects and ongoing home maintenance. Porch also partners with some of the most well-known and largest home retail brands, including eBay. Porch manages the coordination with home professionals through up-front and fixed pricing, guaranteeing project quality, and delivering on time and on budget.
- InstallerNet: Based in North Andover, MA, InstallerNet is a Boston-based company that coordinates installation of consumer and commercial electronics products through a network of independently owned electronics installers in the United States.
The new services announced today follow the launch of tire installation services in late 2017, in which eBay shoppers have the ability to bundle new tire purchases with professional installation in their local area. eBay will continue to seek new opportunities to expand its services offering to meet the needs of shoppers. To learn more about services on eBay, click here.
eBay by the Numbers
- eBay has 1 billion plus listings
- eBay has 177 million active buyers worldwide
- 64% of transactions on the eBay platform involve a mobile touchpoint
- 71% of items ship for free in U.S., UK and DE
- 80% of all merchandise sold on eBay is new, and our wide selection keeps growing
- 89% of items sold on eBay are Buy It Now – no bidding necessary
- 2/3 of eBay packages in the U.S. are delivered within three business days or less
- 429 million downloads of eBay Inc. apps across the globe
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2017, eBay enabled $88.4 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
SOURCE eBay Inc.