FELTON, Calif., March 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global ecotourism market size is expected to reach USD 385.01 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2021 to 2028. The increase in environmental protection awareness, attractive traveling packages, sustainable development, and affordable prices are the primary factors that propel the growth of the market. Sustainable travel to natural areas conserves the environment. It provides economic benefit to the local host, wherein these factors positively create lucrative opportunities for the travel agents/key tourism operators across the world.
Ecotourism Market Report Highlights:
- Central and South America is expected to register the second-fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 owing to the increasing environmental consciousness among tourists in Brazil and Argentina.
- By type, wildlife ecotourism held the largest share of more than 33.0% in 2020. Nature ecotourism is expected to register the second-fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
- The Asia Pacific region dominated the market by accounting for over 35.0% share in 2020. The rise of social media to create awareness about ecotourism in developing economies, including China and India, has positively influenced the growth of the travel and tourism industry in the region.
Ecotourism Market Growth & Trends
Ecotourism involves traveling to remote and unique hotspots where the flora, fauna, and cultural heritage are the major attractions. Developing economies such as India, Thailand, the Philippines, Egypt, Morocco, and Jordan have launched a campaign program to promote nature reserves, raise environmental awareness, and support sustainable travel.
The nature ecotourism type segment held over 25.0% share in 2020 in the Asia Pacific region. The urban population in the Asia Pacific region is growing exponentially. Hence, the need to travel to natural areas for relaxation and to reduce stress is inevitable. Nature attraction includes birdwatching, hiking, and reef diving; therefore, these activities tend to be more physically demanding, whereas typical tourism is less physical and more comfortable.
In 2020, the market for ecotourism was affected majorly due to the lockdown scenario triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many organizations are not operating during the lockdown, which has resulted in significant losses to the travel and tourism sector due to worldwide restrictions and curfews.
Conserving natural resources and accommodating many tourists with minimal impact on nature and the environment remain the core objectives for the key stakeholders. These initiatives by major stakeholders are propelling the global demand for ecotourism.
Read synopsis or request for a free sample of market research report, "Ecotourism Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Type (Wildlife, Marine, Nature), By Region (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Central & South America, Middle East & Africa), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028", published by Million Insights.
Ecotourism Market Segmentation
Million Insights has segmented the global ecotourism market on the basis of type and region:
- Ecotourism Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 - 2028)
- Ecotourism Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Ecotourism Market
- Responsible Travel
- Adventure Alternative
- Intrepid travel
- Kind Traveler
- Rickshaw Travel
- Travel Leaders Group
- FROSCH International Travel
- Small World Journeys Pty Ltd.
Browse more Research Reports published by Million Insights
- Online Pharmacy Market - The global online pharmacy market size is expected to reach USD 42.7 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.6% from 2021 to 2028. The market growth can be attributed to the increasing number of smartphone users and rising internet penetration, mostly in developing regions, including Asia Pacific, South America, and Sub-Saharan Africa. In developed economies, the market is driven by the increasing self-medication by the consumers due to accessibility, time efficiency, and economic factors. Moreover, technological developments in the IoT and artificial intelligence are likely to drive the market owing to the sophisticated and convenient consumer experience.
- eMagazines Market - The global eMagazines market size is expected to reach USD 6.27 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. Itis expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2021 to 2028. The key driving factors such as magazine publishers adopting digital platforms for publishing, localization of content eMagazines, more interactive and attractive eMagazines, availability of high-speed data network, increasing adoption of smartphones with advanced functionalities, and citizens focused on convenience are anticipated to drive the growth. The rising per capita income and increasing purchasing power are further supporting the demand.
- Storage Unit Market - The global storage unit market size is expected to reach USD 76.6 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Million Insights. Rise in demand for laptops, smartphones, PCs, and online storage software are considered to be a major factor for market growth. Also, increasing brand recognition and the influence of storage units with the help of social media is anticipated to further fuel their demand.
- Crowdinvesting Market - The global crowdinvesting market size is expected to reach USD 10.25 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.3% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing usage of equity-based crowdfunding observed in the real estate industry is a crucial factor driving the market for crowdinvesting.
Explore Snapshots by Million Insights, for industry specific reports that provide real-time market trends and forecasts, by condensing the integral elements from our industry reports into bite-sized paragraphs, charts, and tables.
About Million Insights:
Million Insights, is a market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. We have a comprehensive marketplace, that will enable you to compare data points, before you make a purchase. Enabling informed buying, is our motto and we strive hard to ensure that our clients get to browse through multiple samples, prior to an investment. Service flexibility & the fastest response time are two pillars, on which our business model is founded. Our market research report store includes in-depth reports, from across various industry verticals, such as healthcare, technology, chemicals, food & beverages, consumer goods, material science & automotive.
Research Support Specialist, USA
Toll Free: 1-866-831-4085
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Million Insights