NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- When Penton's WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, returns to Las Vegas June 6-9, 2016, the education component alone is going to give attendees a leg up on the most innovative advances and ideas in waste management. The conference program was developed in collaboration with the National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA).
"We're dedicated to creating a must-attend event, and this year's offerings are really exciting," said Mark Hickey, Vice President, Waste360. "Everyone who comes will get expert insights from industry leaders, they'll take part in compelling forums on hot-button issues and trends and of course they'll experience the top-notch technology and products in our exhibit hall."
The robust conference program will give event attendees the intelligence they need to get ahead in waste, recycling and organics. Highlights of the education program include:
- Composting & Organics Recycling: The new directions in organics management and food waste diversion and lessons learned to date.
- The Food Recovery Forum: A new education program designed to complement the Composting & Organics Recycling program.
- Recycling/Resource Recovery: Learn about the latest technologies used in new MRF's along with paper, plastic, and electronic recycling trends and markets.
- Safety: This year's Safety Super Session focuses on how organizations can build a safety culture to eliminate needless accidents and injuries in collection and post collection activities.
- Leadership/Business Development/Finance: This year's sessions highlight the tools and resources to identify, develop, and retain talent, new labor laws and impacts to employers, how to capitalize and grow your business and so much more.
- Regulatory: What will the new NSPS rules from the EPA mean for landfill operations and how to effectively negotiate municipal contracts for a win/win.
- Fleet and Equipment Technology: As fleet and equipment technologies expand, learn about fleet management tools including CNG vehicle maintenance, purchasing versus leasing fleet and equipment, and how well big data is helping organizations effectively manage routes and increase ROI.
- Landfill Technologies/Best Practices: This year's sessions focus on the challenges and opportunities of operating landfills, leachate management, and bioreactors at landfills.
- Hauling: Informative sessions include a mid-sized haulers panel, automated collections, and driver recruitment and retention tools and resources.
For more information and to register to attend WasteExpo, please visit WasteExpo.com.
Media interested in obtaining media credentials to attend WasteExpo, contact Meredith Fortunato, Meredith.email@example.com
About Penton's Waste360 Group
Penton's Waste360 Group harnesses the power of its many properties to serve the solid waste and recycling industry. The industry widely consumes this content in the form of websites, live events, online learning and digital opportunities and more and includes: Waste360.com, WasteExpo, The Global Waste Management Symposium, The Healthcare Waste Conference, the Waste360 Recycling Summit, and topical and timely e-newsletters. For more information, visit www.waste360.com.
Penton is an innovative information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision makers in markets that drive more than 12 trillion dollars in purchases each year. Our products inform with rich industry insights and workflow tools; engage through dynamic events, education and networking; and advance business with powerful marketing services programs. Penton is the way smart businesses buy, sell and grow.
Headquartered in New York, Penton is privately owned by MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co., LP. For more information, visit http://www.penton.com or follow us on Twitter @PentonNow.
The National Waste & Recycling Association is the leading organization providing leadership, advocacy, research, education and safety expertise for the waste and recycling industries. NWRA advocates at the Federal, State and Local levels on all issues of importance to our member companies as they provide safe, economically sustainable and environmentally sound services to communities in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit wasterecycling.org.