ST. LOUIS, June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Financial-services firm Edward Jones was ranked the No. 2 large company in St. Louis on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's "Top Workplaces" list. The recognition comes on the heels of last month's SmartMoney announcement, naming the firm the No. 1 full-service brokerage firm in the June edition of SmartMoney magazine's Annual Broker Survey. This brings the total number of awards and recognitions for the firm to six in 2012, including a No. 5 ranking on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For 2012" list.
"We're gratified by these rewards that reflect the job satisfaction of our own associates as well as the confidence and trust of our clients," says Managing Partner Jim Weddle. "We believe they are related. Our entire firm is aligned to provide the best possible service to our clients, and knowing that we can make a significant, positive difference in the lives of individual investors makes our work extremely satisfying. As a workplace we strive to attract, support and reward self-starters who are motivated by making a difference to our clients."
To date in 2012, Edward Jones has received the following recognitions and accolades:
- Named the No. 2 large company by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's "Top Workplaces" survey;
- Named a 2012 Best Place to Work in IT for IDG's Computerworld (June 2012);
- Ranked No. 1 full-service brokerage firm by SmartMoney magazine in its Annual Broker Survey, and has been consistently ranked in the magazine's survey, including a number one spot in 2005, 2007 and 2010 and number two in 2008, 2009 and 2011 (May 2012);
- Ranked highest in investor satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates in its 2012 Full Service Investor Satisfaction Study. The firm was given the highest score in the "Investment Advisor" category of this survey (May 2012);
- Rated by J.D Power and Associates as having the highest overall employee advisor satisfaction among financial investment firms (March 2012);
- Recognized by CivilianJobs.com as a 2012 Most Valuable Employers for Military Finalist. Finalists were selected based on feedback from employers regarding their recruiting, training and retention plans for military service members and veterans (February 2012); and
- Ranked No. 5 on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For 2012."
About Edward Jones
Edward Jones provides financial services for individual investors in the United States and, through its affiliate, in Canada. Every aspect of the firm's business, from the types of investment options offered to the location of branch offices, is designed to cater to individual investors in the communities in which they live and work. The firm's 12,000-plus financial advisors work directly with nearly 7 million clients to understand their personal goals - from college savings to retirement - and create long-term investment solutions that emphasize a well-balanced portfolio and a buy-and-hold strategy. Edward Jones embraces the importance of building long-term, face-to-face relationships with clients, helping them to understand and make sense of the investment solutions available today.
Edward Jones, which ranked No. 5 on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For 2012," is headquartered in St. Louis. The Edward Jones Web site is located at www.edwardjones.com, and its recruiting Web site is www.careers.edwardjones.com. Member SIPC.
SOURCE Edward Jones