Efacec ACS Launches Advanced RTU Series for Substation and Feeder Automation
New NTX series helps utilities keep pace with smart grid technology advancements
18 Nov, 2013, 12:18 ET
ATLANTA, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Efacec ACS, a global provider of smart grid solutions, has launched the latest series in a longstanding line of advanced remote terminal unit (RTU) technology for substation and feeder automation. The new NTX series of substation controllers replaces the successful NTU and Connex™ lines Efacec ACS has offered since 2004, and brings new benefits to utilities worldwide that rely on remote telemetry to provide critical system information to the control center.
"The NTX series delivers a wide range of cost-effective offerings to meet utilities' increased need to integrate with more substation devices, both legacy and new, and to process more data more securely," said Efacec ACS CEO Jose Barbosa. "We expect the NTX series will help maintain Efacec ACS' position as one of the premier smart grid automation suppliers in the industry, evidenced by our more than 19,000 RTUs delivered since 1975."
Four new NTX models are available, ensuring that utilities can find just the right balance of price and features to meet virtually any application requirement. Features and benefits common to all of the NTX series models include:
- A robust and highly reliable modular design, providing the flexibility to adapt to many different applications and installation requirements, and resulting in less downtime.
- Multiple master and IED (Intelligent Electronic Devices) ports to increase integration capabilities within the substation, supporting Ethernet connectivity and a large library of both modern and legacy communication protocols.
- NTX family models share many common modules and utilize the same NTX Explorer configuration software, simplifying maintenance and lowering ownership costs.
- A technically advanced client/server architecture using the latest and most powerful ARM9e 32-bit processors with DSP extensions, enabling the units to efficiently handle large I/O point counts and high volumes of IED data.
- Security features supporting compliance with NERC CIP standards.
- Advanced local automation utilizing IEC 61131 and 61499 standards.
To learn more about the new NTX series, please visit www.efacec-acs.com.
About Efacec ACS
Efacec ACS is a provider of smart grid solutions to the global electric power industry. Hundreds of utilities rely on the company's comprehensive software suite, which provides integrated distribution and outage management, simulation, optimization, and enterprise business intelligence. Advanced automation product lines include a wide range of flexible and cost-effective substation, distribution, and feeder automation solutions. Efacec ACS is powering the utility of the future – today. For more information, visit www.efacec-acs.com.
SOURCE Efacec ACS
Share this article