WAYNE, Pa., May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Egalet Corporation (NASDAQ: EGLT), a fully integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing innovative treatments for pain and other conditions, announced today that researchers will present five scientific posters at the 36th Annual American Pain Society (APS) meeting May 17 to 20, 2017 in Pittsburgh.
The following posters will be presented during the APS poster session on Thursday, May 18.
- Bioequivalence of abuse-deterrent, immediate-release (ADIR) oxycodone compared with IR oxycodone without abuse-deterrent properties. Authors: Sean Gill, MA, John Lawler, BS, Gwendolyn Niebler, DO, Jeffrey M. Dayno, MD
- Time: 9:30-11 a.m., poster # 239
- Novel design to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an abuse-deterrent, extended-release oxycodone product candidate in patients with moderate to severe chronic low back pain. Authors: Richard L. Rauck, MD, John Markman, MD, Srinivas Nalamachu, MD, Martin E. Hale, MD, Jeffrey M. Dayno, MD, Gwendolyn Niebler, DO, John Lawler, BS, Erin Coyle, BSN, Janene O'Brien-Giemza, BS, Nathaniel P. Katz, MD
- Time: 9:30-11 a.m., poster # 237
- Natural History of Prescription Opioid Misuse/Abuse: A Qualitative Investigation. Authors: Kimberlee J. Trudeau, Ph.D., Kelly A. Manser, B.A., Michael Behling, B.A., Colville Brown, M.D., Wendy Niebler, D.O., Simon H. Budman, Ph.D.
- Time: 3:45-5:15 p.m., poster # 228
- The relationship between the pharmacokinetics of morphine abuse-deterrent, extended-release, injection-molded tablets and pharmacodynamic outcomes in oral and intranasal human abuse potential studies. Authors: Ben Vaughn, MS, Colville Brown, MD, Jack Lawler, BS, Karsten Lindhardt, MSc, PhD, DBE, Gwendolyn Niebler, DO, Jeffrey M. Dayno, MD
- Time: 3:45-5:15 p.m., poster # 238
- A harm reduction model to quantify potential misuse/abuse reduction and misuse/abuse-related events avoided from extended-release abuse deterrent opioids. Authors: Alan White, PhD; Tim Spittle BS; Wendy Niebler, DO; Colville Brown, MD; Jeff Dayno, MD; Nathaniel Katz, MD, MS
- Time: 3:45-5:15pm, poster # 236
About The American Pain Society
Based in Chicago, the American Pain Society (APS) is a multidisciplinary community that brings together a diverse group of scientists, clinicians and other professionals to increase the knowledge of pain and transform public policy and clinical practice to reduce pain-related suffering. APS is the professional home for investigators involved in all aspects of pain research including basic, translational, clinical and health services research to obtain the support and inspiration they need to flourish professionally. APS strongly advocates expansion of high quality pain research to help advance science to achieve effective and responsible pain relief. For more information on APS, visit www.americanpainsociety.org.
Egalet, a fully integrated specialty pharmaceutical company, is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing innovative treatments for pain and other conditions. Egalet has three approved products: ARYMO® ER (morphine sulfate) extended-release tablets for oral use only –CII, developed using Egalet's proprietary Guardian™ Technology, OXAYDO® (oxycodone HCI, USP) tablets for oral use only –CII and SPRIX® (ketorolac tromethamine) Nasal Spray. Using Guardian Technology Egalet is developing a pipeline of clinical-stage, product candidates including Egalet-002, an abuse-deterrent, extended-release, oral oxycodone formulation for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate. Guardian Technology can be applied broadly across different classes of pharmaceutical products and can be used to develop combination products that include multiple active pharmaceutical ingredients with similar or different release profiles. For full prescribing information on ARYMO ER, including the boxed warning and medication guide, please visit arymoer.com. For full prescribing information on SPRIX, including the boxed warning and medication guide, please visit sprix.com. For full prescribing information on OXAYDO, including the boxed warning and medication guide, please visit oxaydo.com. For additional information on Egalet, please visit egalet.com.
Investor and Media Contact:
E. Blair Clark-Schoeb
Senior Vice President, Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/egalet-announces-scientific-presentations-at-american-pain-society-meeting-300457169.html
SOURCE Egalet Corporation