NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Eight, the technology company changing the future of sleep, today launched new additions to its product line, bolstering the company's innovative sleep system offerings. Leveraging customer feedback and over 10 million hours of sleep data from 15,000+ users, Eight has added four new mattresses to create the perfect sleep space, including the Saturn+ and Mars+ – the most technologically advanced mattresses on the market with superior pricing and quality. Eight's Smart Mattress Collection starts at $699 and is the only smart technology bed delivered directly to customers homes in a box.
Also launching today is the Simple Foundation, an easy-to-build, no tools required upholstered foundation suitable for all mattresses. This addition to Eight's already expansive product lineup, allows customers to outfit their sleep space entirely via Eight's premium quality products. Matching competitor pricing, the Simple Foundation is available for just $275 for a Queen.
"At Eight, we are focused on revolutionizing the sleep experience through technology. Our products are developed using studied data from thousands of users," said Matteo Franceschetti, CEO of Eight. "No one sleeps the same – in fact, we found that 66% of people sleep on their side, 17% on their back, and 14% on their stomach. By leveraging data like this and proprietary technology, we've been able to engineer innovative products that create the most proven sleep system on the market. We are equally as thrilled to continue to expand our product offerings because everyone deserves a product that fits their unique sleeping needs and budget."
Additionally, the Ultimate Pillow was released in July after Eight's research found that people sleeping at the incorrect pillow height and/or with too many pillows received an average sleep score 4% lower than other users and tossed and turned 7% more than their counterparts. To combat this issue, Eight designed the Ultimate Pillow which can be adjusted to create nine different comfort and height combinations, matching every sleeper's need and preference. Pillows are currently available online for $75.
The Saturn+ and Mars+ mattress styles follow the success of Eight's best-selling smart mattress, Jupiter+ (formerly known as the Eight Smart Mattress,) as well as non-wearable Smart Cover, and the company's very own line of all organic cotton sheets. The Eight Smart Mattress collection includes the company's proprietary technology layer that tracks sleep, manages the temperature of the bed and connects to users' smart home devices like Amazon Alexa and Nest. The accompanying app (available for iOS and Android) provides feedback to users on each night of sleep.
The Jupiter and Mars mattress styles are also available as part of Eight's Standard Collection, offering high-quality comfort without the technology, starting at $349 for a Twin.
As one of the fastest growing sleep technology brands leading the way in the connected sleep category, Eight has raised $13M to date and has grown 40% month-over-month in the last year. Additional milestones include launching their widely successful sleep products on Costco.com, Bestbuy.com and at select Best Buy retail locations.
Eight's new sleep products:
- Smart Mattress Collection (Embedded with Eight's Proprietary Smart Cover):
- Saturn+: As the most affordable smart mattress on the market to date, the Saturn+ has three layers of high-quality foam for ultimate comfort, ensuring users their best night's sleep and a daily morning report via Eight's advanced sleep technology to prove it.
- Starting at $699 for a Full mattress
- Mars+: The perfect mix of innerspring coils and an industry leading four layers of soft foam that are combined to keep you cool all night long. The Mars+ Mattress hugs the body while providing excellent support, bounce and unparalleled breathability.
- Starting at $1,299 for a Full mattress
- Standard Mattress Collection:
- Saturn: Three layers of premium foam deliver quality comfort at a conveniently affordable price. Supportive but soft and great for back sleepers.
- Starting at $349 for a Twin mattress
- Mars: High density foam layers (comfort transition foam, polyfoam, high density support foam) provide a contouring hug and resilient rebound. This new and improved model with four superior foam layers, along with pocketed spring coils to enhance breathability and keep you cool all night long.
- Starting at $749 for a Twin size mattress
- The Simple Foundation: Simply designed, upholstered with the finest fabrics and engineered with the strongest pine, the Eight foundation is sturdy, supportive and suits any mattress.
- Starting at $200 for a Twin foundation
- The Ultimate Pillow: The smartly designed pillow is suitable for back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers alike. With this adjustable pillow, customers can modify the firmness and height to their liking for $75.
To access the media kit, click here.
About Eight Sleep:
Eight is a technology company focused on improving the way we sleep. It's signature product, the Mars+ Smart Mattress, is an exceptionally comfortable mattress with a technology layer that tracks sleep patterns and bedroom environment data. The Eight app provides feedback to users on each night of sleep, and allows for effortless integration with other smart products to regulate bed temperature, lights, door locks and more, in real time. Eight was founded in 2014 and is based in New York. It has raised over $13M in funding by leading Silicon Valley investors including Y Combinator, Stanford University, Yunqui Partners, Azure Capital, Cota Capital and Comcast Ventures. For more information, please visit www.eightsleep.com.
SOURCE Eight Sleep