MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- El Camino Hospital today announced that twenty-one individuals have been appointed to serve on six Hospital Board committees. The new members were selected for their subject matter expertise and come from a wide range of business, academic and health care backgrounds. They will advise the Hospital Board of Directors in the areas of governance, finance/investments, quality, executive compensation and audit/corporate compliance.
"As the healthcare environment continues to evolve it is important to have individuals on the Hospital Board committee who bring a depth of knowledge and experience in areas that will help us continuously improve how we serve our patients and our community," said John Zoglin, chairman of the El Camino Hospital Board of Directors. "These new members are leaders in their respective fields and we look forward to applying their insight and knowledge as we move our hospital into the future."
The addition of the Hospital Board committee members – as well as the recent appointment of Neal H. Cohen, M.D., Jeffrey Davis, M.D., and Nandini Tandon, Ph.D. to the Hospital Board of Directors – is the culmination of a more than 18 month process to expand the subject matter expertise available to the Hospital Board, increase community involvement and apply best practices to its governance structure.
The new Hospital Board committee members – all of whom are volunteers – include:
- Gary Kalbach, founding partner, El Dorado Ventures, Los Altos Hills, Calif.
- Peter W. Moran, general partner/managing partner, DCM, Los Altos, Calif.
- Mark W. Sickles, chairman and chief executive officer, Mark W. Sickles, LLC, Sausalito, Calif.
Quality, Patient Care and Patient Experience Committee
- Katherine Bryan-Jones Anderson, LEAN Promotion office director and senior LEAN development director, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Portola Valley, Calif.
- Elizabeth (Lisa) Joyce Freeman, director, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Menlo Park, Calif.
- R. Cary Hill, Jr. MD, chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology, El Camino Hospital, Mountain View, Calif.
- Donald M. Nielsen, MD, senior advisor for Health and chairman of the Advisory Board, Hearst Business Media, Alamo, Calif.
- Robert H. Pinsker, MD, medical director of Anesthesiology, El Camino Hospital, Palo Alto, Calif.
Executive Compensation Committee
- Teri Eyre, vice president of Human Resources, HP Personal Systems Group, Los Altos, Calif.
- Jing Liao, vice president of Global Human Resources, Atmel Corporation, Cupertino, Calif.
- Bob Miller, chief talent officer, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, San Carlos, Calif.
- Prasad Setty, vice president, People Analytics and Compensation, Google, Los Altos
Corporate Compliance/Privacy and Audit Committee
- Sharon Ariella Anolik, leader, Global Privacy Risk and Strategy, McKesson Corporation, Mill Valley, Calif.
- Ramy Houssaini, senior business leader Global Risk Management, Visa, Oakland, Calif.
- Christine Sublett, principal, Christine Sublett Consulting, LLC, San Mateo, Calif.
- Shirley Buccieri, retired partner, Gibson, Dunn, & Crutcher, Menlo Park, Calif.
- Bill Hobbs, operating partner and board member, High Road Capital Partners, Saratoga, Calif.
- Richard Juelis, partner, Tatum, LLC, Walnut Creek, Calif.
- Nicola (Nicki) Boone, executive director, JP Morgan Private Bank, Los Altos, Calif.
- Brooks Nelson, founder, president and chief investment officer, Nelson Roberts Investment Advisors, Los Altos, Calif.
- Ethan Cohen-Cole, managing director, Alvarez & Marsal, Berkeley, Calif.
An El Camino Hospital Board Member will chair each committee. The new Hospital Board committee members will participate in a three-day onboarding session in August and be fully engaged beginning in September.
About El Camino Hospital
El Camino Hospital is an acute-care, 443-bed, not-for-profit and locally governed organization with campuses in Mountain View and Los Gatos, Calif. In addition to state-of-the-art emergency departments, key medical specialties include heart and vascular, cancer care, urology, orthopedic and spine, neuroscience, genomic medicine, and the only Women's Hospital in Northern California. The hospital is recognized as a national leader in the use of health information technology and wireless communications, and has been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center as well as back-to-back ANCC Magnet Recognitions for Nursing Care.
To learn more, visit our website, find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or view our videos on YouTube. For a physician referral, visit our website or call the El Camino Health Line at 800-216-5556.
SOURCE El Camino Hospital