WASHINGTON, Feb. 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Ukrainian presidential candidate and Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko last week alleged that over one million votes were stolen by opposition candidate Viktor Yanukovich in the February 7th presidential run-off election. http://japantoday.com/category/world/view/tymoshenko-calls-ukraine-vote-rigged She has filed over 60 complaints with the Central Election Commission and has called the irregularities "shocking."
In 2004, Mr. Yanukovich's campaign was caught rigging the election after members of his election team were recorded discussing how to destroy evidence that showed tampering with the tabulation results. That revelation led to massive protests in the street, the Orange Revolution and a new vote which resulted in the election of Viktor Yushchenko.
The back story regarding the 2004 election theft was provided in public testimony last year by CIA Agent Steven Stigall, who confirmed that Victor Yanukovich stole that October 2004 election by secretly placing a (man in the middle) computer in the central tabulation facility and flipping the results (by 14% according to other sources). This rigging was suspected because the exit polls favored Victor Yushchenko by 11%. However, it was only proven by taped phone calls between Yanukovich's campaign managers discussing the rigging and the attempted cover-up. http://www.velvetrevolution.us/images/StandardsBrd_Verbatimfinal.add.doc
Yanukovich's campaign team in 2004 and 2010 included Rick Davis and Paul Manafort, the owners of a Washington, D.C. lobbying/PR firm called 3eDC. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/20/new-questions-over-mccain_n_108204.html 3eDC has bragged on its website that it had five "strategic partners." http://web.archive.org/web/20070304101901/www.3edc.net/partners/
- New Media Communications, run by CEO Mike Connell, who has been accused of rigging GOP elections
- Integrated Web Strategy, another Connell affiliated company that works with Chamber of Commerce Institute of Legal Reform, which has been found by courts to have engaged in illegal election manipulations
- Campaign Solutions, run by Mike Connell's partner, Becki Donatelli
- Airnet Group, parent company of Smartech Corporation, owned by Jeff Averbeck, which was employed by Mike Connell in the controversial diversion of the state of Ohio's official vote prior to certification of a contested majority favoring George Bush over Democratic opponent John Kerry.
- Dynology Corp, which has a heavily military client list: "a majority of our staff hold security clearances that allow access to Secret and Top Secret classified government information."
Rick Davis/Paul Manafort/3eDC were managers of Yanukovich's 2004 election campaign and were key advisors in Yanukovich's 2010 election. They maintained a strategic partnership with both Mike Connell and Jeff Averbeck, both of whom have been accused of rigging Bush's elections. Mr. Connell was killed in a very suspicious December 2008 airplane crash after he was called to testify about the vote rigging allegations. According to an article in the February 2010 issue of Maxim magazine, Mr. Connell rigged the 2004 election for George Bush by creating a man in the middle attack to change the results of the Ohio election results. http://www.maxim.com/humor/stupid-fun/86265/mysterious-death-bushs-cyber-guru.html_ That attack was done through the GOP computers run by Smartech.
For all these reasons, VelvetRevolution, a non partisan election watchdog group, calls for an independent investigation and audit of the Ukrainian election, especially the tabulation of votes.