LOS ANGELES, July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show ®) today introduced "GO," an all-new destination on the show floor dedicated to featuring the latest smart mobility devices and apps. GO will be on display inside the Los Angeles Convention Center for media and industry professionals to discover during AutoMobility LA™ (November 14-17) and for the general public to explore during the LA Auto Show (November 18-27).
Automakers, tech companies and venture capitalists attending AutoMobility LA can visit GO to encounter many of the latest innovations that people are using to get from point A to B. Following the trade event, GO exhibitors will receive direct exposure to LA Auto Show's sophisticated and influential consumer audience, including early adopters and holiday shoppers.
"Already an epicenter for transportation innovation, Los Angeles is the ideal home for us to launch GO," said LA Auto Show and AutoMobility LA President, Lisa Kaz. "Angelenos will now have a place to find and try out several smart mobility innovations first-hand alongside the world's most technologically-advanced vehicles."
The various stations of GO throughout the show venue will include the likes of personal mobility devices, rideables and virtual reality demonstrations for visitors to try and practice innovations. The largest showcase of these and several other innovations will be located inside South Hall Atrium. Some of the brands that visitors can expect to encounter include the following:
- ARCIMOTO - Arcimoto is an alternative automotive manufacturer that prides itself on catalyzing the shift to a sustainable transportation system. Consumers attending the show will see and be able to test drive two Arcimoto all-electric model SRK's.
- Honda-UNI-CUB - The UNI-CUB is a personal mobility device, designed to assist people who have trouble walking for long periods of time or over long distances. The product features the world's first omni-directional driving wheel system and provides freedom of movement going forward, backward, side-to-side and diagonally by shifting body weight. The technology allows the product to move with the user. Visitors will be able to give the UNI-CUB a try at the show.
- Inboard-Electric Skateboards - Inboard designed the world's first skateboard with motors in the wheels. From its streamlined look to its feel under foot, every detail of the M1™ is based on the idea of uninhibited flow. Boarders can find extra power when riding the skateboard, going uphill with ease and having more control of their experience.
- Juicer Bikes – Juicer Bikes are custom electric motorbikes made from durable, renewable metal and riders can choose from copper, aluminum, stainless or steel. Juicer brings back visible engineering to the motorbike market in the form of classic cruisers that are unabashedly electric.
- Micro Kickboard - Micro Kickboard is the U.S. distributor for an innovative Swiss company Micro-Mobility, maker of the world's best-rated scooters and kickboards and other innovative products used for urban mobility. Visitors at the show can try out their new hybrid kick-assisted electric scooter - the emicro one, and take a look at their iconic Micro bus that will be on display.
- SKURT – Skurt is a car in your pocket, giving you the freedom to drive anywhere. Choose a car from the app, enter when and where you need it, and Skurt will deliver and pick it up. Attendees will have the chance to try out the app first hand.
- uBox – uBox, an urban utility, activity concept vehicle, is the sixth concept car in the Deep Orange series, a collaboration between graduate automotive engineering students at Clemson University CU-ICAR, and transportation design students at ArtCenter College of Design in Pasadena, California.
- URB-E - URB-E is a foldable electric scooter designed and built in Pasadena, California, by hand out of carbon fiber and aircraft aluminum. Engineered by former Porsche Lead Engineer, they have created a high-quality, foldable electric vehicle. Visitors attending the LA Auto Show will have the chance to ride the URB-E and experience the future of last mile transportation.
- USCOOTERS – USCOOTERS is an incredible fusion of a classic scooter with the performance of an electric motorized scooter. For the cost of a gallon of gas, the scooter will take you over 2,000 miles. The scooter has a three-point folding system and its less than 11 kilograms weight enables for easy transport. The USCOOTERS has kinetic energy recover system (KERS technology), so that the autonomy can be increased with up to 50 percent by simply pressing the magnetic brake and the energy consumption reduced. The scooter also offers a safe and comfortable ride with front and rear suspension, double braking system by hand activated magnetic brake and foot activated rear brake, air-less tires, horn and headlight with automatic headlight start sensor and security options such as kick start, cruise control and maximum speed limit.
- WHILL – WHILL's mission is to make technology that is minimalistic, functional, and stylish. As creators of innovative personal mobility devices, they aim to fundamentally change the attitudes of personal mobility users, as well as the general misconceptions around personal mobility. On display will be WHILL Model A, which includes all directional wheels, four-wheel drive, three-inch obstacle clearance capabilities, up to 12 miles travel on a fully-charged battery. It also offers Bluetooth connectivity.
"The LA Auto Show is the ideal arena to showcase developments in the transportation landscape," said Peter Lee, CEO of URBAN626, the company behind URB-E (www.urb-e.com). "It's not only a platform for our young company to grow, but also an opportunity to broadcast our message that the future of personal transportation is finally here and that it is made in the U.S."
For more information about GO and other additions to this year's LA Auto Show experience, please visit LAAutoShow.com. Advance sale tickets will be available starting Friday, July 15.
About the Los Angeles Auto Show and AutoMobility LA
Founded in 1907, the Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) is the first major North American auto show of the season each year. In 2016, the show's Press & Trade Days merged with the Connected Car Expo (CCE) to become AutoMobility LA™, the industry's first trade show converging the technology and automotive industries to discuss the most pressing issues surrounding the future of transportation and mobility. AutoMobility LA is where the new auto industry gets business done, unveils groundbreaking products and makes strategic announcements in front of media from around the globe. AutoMobility LA 2016 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Nov. 14-17, with manufacturer vehicle debuts intermixed. LA Auto Show will open to the public from Nov. 18-27. LA Auto Show is endorsed by the Greater L.A. New Car Dealer Association and is operated by ANSA Productions. To receive the latest show news and information, follow LA Auto Show on Twitter at twitter.com/LAAutoShow or via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LAAutoShow/?fref=ts and sign up for alerts at http://www.laautoshow.com/. For more information about AutoMobility LA, please visit http://www.automobilityla.com.
AutoMobility LA™, Connected Car Expo®, LA Auto Show® and Los Angeles Auto Show™ are the exclusive property of ANSA Productions, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/electric-scooters-micro-kickboards-and-e-bikes-to-join-1000-new-vehicles-at-automobility-la-and-la-auto-show-300297675.html
SOURCE Los Angeles Auto Show