CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Electrolux Design Lab 2015 competition has now reached the stage of the People's Choice voting. The most popular concept among the public will receive the prestigious People's Choice Award and a 2,000 € cash prize. One of the lucky voters will win a trip to join the memorable final event which this year will take place in Helsinki, Finland on October 15th.
The winner of the People's Choice Award will be announced during the final event in Helsinki on October 15th 2015 together with the Top 3 winners of the overall Design Lab competition. By voting in People's Choice, the public can support their favorite and also have the chance to win a trip to the Design Lab final event gala.
How to take part in the voting?
To choose their favorite, the public can see the impressive images and videos bringing the ideas to life on the Design Lab website www.electroluxdesignlab.com. After voting, and to take part in the competition to win a trip, the public needs to answer the question, "What does Healthy Happy Kids mean to you?" "Happy Healthy Kids" is the theme for Design Lab this year so Electrolux would also like to hear the views of the public on this topic. The voting starts July 6 at 15:00 CET and ends September 14 at 12:00 CET.
The prize includes (for 2 people):
- Return flight to Helsinki
- Transportation from and to airport
- 2 nights stay in central Helsinki 14 - 16 October
- Participation at the Design Lab award ceremony and gala dinner on October 15, 2015
About Electrolux Design Lab 2015
The purpose of Electrolux Design Lab is to stimulate and activate design students globally by inviting them to present new ideas for future household environments. Supporting Electrolux commitment to lead the evolution of home appliances the competition fuels new ideas and inspiration for innovation and offers an opportunity to reach the best emerging talent. First prize in the competition is a six-month paid internship at an Electrolux global design center. Half of the winners in previous years have continued to work for Electrolux after this internship period. The winner receives 10,000 euros, second prize is 6,000 euros and third prize is 4,000 euros. The competition also hands out a People's Choice award with 2,000 euros for the concept which collects the most online votes.
The students will develop their concepts throughout the competition, post and share new content and write a development blog. They receive feedback from experts at Electrolux during the selection process. The winner of the competition will be chosen by a jury of renowned design professionals at the final event gala in Helsinki, Finland on October 15th 2015.
For media inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Design Lab in Electrolux social media channels:
Design Lab web site: www.electroluxdesignlab.com
Electrolux Facebook page: facebook.com/Electrolux
Follow the discussions using hashtags #DesignLab2015, #top35 and #peopleschoice
Country/concept in Electrolux Design Lab 2015 top 35 are:
- Argentina, Pure Life, http://po.st/purelipr
- Brazil, Echodream, http://po.st/echodpr
- Brazil, Weaver, http://po.st/weaverpr
- Chile, Bioprinter, http://po.st/bioprintpr
- Colombia, GUT, http://po.st/gutpr
- Czech Republic, Chavua, http://po.st/chavuapr
- Czech Republic, ButtonLab, http://po.st/bottonlpr
- Finland, Fum-e, http://po.st/Fumepr
- France, Flows, http://po.st/flowspr
- Hungary, Magic Wand, http://po.st/magicwpr
- Hungary/Germany, The Classroom of the Future, http://po.st/FCRpr
- India, HP+, http://po.st/HPpr
- Indonesia, Imaginarium, http://po.st/imaginpr
- Italy, Foody, http://po.st/Foodypr
- South Korea, Q.H, http://po.st/QHpr
- South Korea, Uggla, http://po.st/Ugglapr
- South Korea, Sleep-D, http://po.st/sleepdpr
- Lithuania, Air-Shield, http://po.st/AirShPR
- Lithuania, BUD, http://po.st/budpr
- Lithuania, Airy Leaf, http://po.st/airyleapr
- Mexico, VORIS, http://po.st/Vorispr
- Peru, Magic Sphere, http://po.st/magicsphpr
- Poland, Kitchen Wizard, http://po.st/KWizardpr
- Poland, Cleanspire, http://po.st/cleanspr
- Portugal, Symbiosis, http://po.st/symbiospr
- Romania, YoYoAir, http://po.st/yoyopr
- Russia, Plato, http://po.st/Platopr
- Sweden, Electrolux Engage, http://po.st/Engagepr
- Slovakia, Floud, http://po.st/floudpr
- Spain, KickAir, http://po.st/kickapr
- Taiwan, Shake Your Air, http://po.st/shakeyapr
- Turkey, Dorian, http://po.st/Dorianpr
- United Kingdom, Electrolux Hub, http://po.st/Hubpr
- United Kingdom, Bloom, http://po.st/Bloompr
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2014 Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and 60,000 employees. For more information, visit www.electroluxgroup.com.