DENVER, July 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 59th American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) Annual Meeting & Exhibition July 30 - August 3 in Denver, Elekta (EKTA-B.ST) will showcase high definition dynamic radiosurgery (HDRS), a unique capability leveraging the core strengths of Versa HD™ linear accelerator and Monaco® treatment planning system.
Versa HD combines HDRS treatment capabilities and precision radiotherapy in a single platform. Equipped with sophisticated full-field, high definition beam-shaping technology and High Dose Rate mode, Versa HD offers the precision and speed necessary to deliver versatile stereotactic treatments throughout the body in standard treatment time slots. Monaco powers more efficient high definition planning with true Monte Carlo accuracy and advanced multi-criterial optimization.
During AAPM, Elekta will host a series of educational events at the Hyatt Regency Denver. A luncheon symposium discussing the latest developments and data surrounding the dosimetry and commissioning of a hybrid MR-linac will take place Monday, July 31 from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Elekta's User Meeting, which is centered on new technology, proven QA processes and tips on how to best prepare for the future and the ever-changing health care landscape, will take place Saturday, July 29 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
During the User Meeting, Sotiri Stathakis, PhD, Associate Professor, Radiation Oncology and Radiology, Cancer Therapy and Research Center, UT Health San Antonio Cancer Center will deliver a presentation titled Evaluation of dynamic conformal arc therapy for treatment of lung, liver and brain tumors. Key topics that Dr. Stathakis will address include:
- The trend towards dynamic conformal arc treatments (DCAT) for lung stereotaxy using Monaco with Versa HD
- The applicability of DCAT planning as a viable alternative to volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) for lung and liver tumors treated with stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- How DCAT provides advantages in treatment delivery efficiency for lung and liver SBRT without compromising plan quality
- Delivery accuracy of DCAT compared to VMAT on moving targets
- Preliminary results from ongoing evaluations of DCAT in lung, liver and brain tumors
Visitors to Elekta booth #5047 also will have an opportunity to learn more about:
- MOSAIQ®, the six-time Best in KLAS award winner that enables practice optimization through intelligent automation and actionable analytics
- Venezia™, Elekta's gynecological applicator which provides a new option for treating advanced-stage cervical cancer
- Oncentra® Brachy, a comprehensive brachytherapy treatment planning software that helps save time by creating the optimal dose distribution
- Leksell GammaPlan®, an integrated treatment planning and management software for Gamma Knife radiosurgery, including Leksell Gamma Knife® Icon™
- iView Dose software, an EPID-based in vivo dosimetry solution that offers an essential safety check during radiation therapy
- AQUA, a quality management system, which offers a full suite of workflow-oriented machine QA tasks and departmental resource management
For further information, please contact:
Gert van Santen, Group Vice President Corporate Communications, Elekta AB
Tel: +31 653 561 242, e-mail: [email protected]
Time zone: CET: Central European Time
Raven Canzeri, Global Public Relations Manager
Tel: +1 770 670 2524, e-mail: [email protected]
Time zone: ET: Eastern Time
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download: