AMSTERDAM, October 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information products and services, today announced the winners of the 2012 Thailand Research Fund (TRF), Commission on Higher Education (CHE), Scopus Researcher Awards in Thailand.
More than 800 university executives, policy makers, library directors and senior researchers attended the award ceremony at the Thailand Research Fund Congress 2012 in Cha-am, Thailand, to recognize the outstanding achievement of the award winners.
The TRF-CHE-Scopus Researcher Awards recognize outstanding and exemplary early-career and mid-career researchers who have received grants from The Thailand Research Fund (TRF) and The Office of Higher Education Commission, Thailand (OHEC).
The awards are supported by TRF, CHE and Elsevier. For each subject category a distinguished panel of between three to six subject matter experts used the following criteria to nominate the winners: research productivity, research impact, research excellence as well as social, economic and scientific impact.
The recipients of the 2012 TRF-CHE-Scopus Young Researcher Awards are:
- Dr. Rojana Sukchawalit, Chulaborn Research Institute, Laboratory of Biotechnology - Life Science & Agricultural Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr. Phatiphat Thounthong, King Mongkut's University of Technology, Faculty of Technical Education - Engineering & Multidisciplinary Technology,
- Assistant Professor Dr. Pithi Chanvorachote, Chulalongkorn University, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science - Health Sciences
- Assistant Professor Dr. Ratthai Porncharoen, Silpakorn University, Faculty of Decorative Arts - Humanities and Social Sciences
The recipients of the 2012 TRF-CHE-Scopus Mid-Career Researcher Awards are:
- Assistant Professor Dr. Kanokporn Triwitayakorn, Mahidol University, Institute of Molecular Biosciences - Life Sciences & Agricultural Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr. Siriporn Chattipakorn, Chiang Mai University, Faculty of Dentistry - Health Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr. Jaroon Jakmunee, Chiang Mai University, Faculty of Science - Chemical & Pharmaceutical Sciences (Including Chemical Engineering
- Dr. Piyabut Burikham, Chulalongkorn University, Faculty of Science - Physical Sciences (Mathematics & Physics)
Prof. Sawasd Tantaratana, President of The Thailand Research Fund (TRF) said, "We would like to thank CHE and Elsevier for their support, and congratulate the 2012 award winners. Recognition of this award will be a motivation to Thai researchers to further elevate the quality of their publications."
Lim Kok Keng, Managing Director, Science & Technology Asia-Pacific, Elsevier, said, "It is a privilege for Elsevier to have the opportunity to present this award in collaboration with the Thailand Research Fund and the Office of Higher Education Commission, Thailand. We recognize the importance of researchers to the future of scientific discovery and we are proud to support the endeavors of the Thai scientific community."
Covering the world's research literature, Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature. Featuring smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research, Scopus was designed and developed with input from over 500 users and librarians internationally. Its unique database contains abstracts and references from nearly 19,500 peer-reviewed journals from more than 5,000 publishers worldwide, ensuring broad interdisciplinary coverage. In addition, Scopus not only offers users citation information about the articles covered, but also directly integrates Web and patent searches. Direct links to subscribed full-text articles, library resources and other applications like reference management software, make Scopus quicker, easier and more comprehensive to use than any other literature research tool.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. The company works in partnership with the global science and health communities to publish more than 2,000 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and close to 20,000 book titles, including major reference works from Mosby and Saunders. Elsevier's online solutions include ScienceDirect, Scopus, Reaxys, ClinicalKey and Mosby's Nursing Suite, which enhance the productivity of science and health professionals, and the SciVal suite and MEDai's Pinpoint Review, which help research and health care institutions deliver better outcomes more cost-effectively.
A global business headquartered in Amsterdam, Elsevier employs 7,000 people worldwide. The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world-leading publisher and information provider, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).