NEW YORK, November 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Six additional publishers have signed on to further diversify and deepen Knovel's cross-disciplinary engineering content, enhanced by Knovel's powerful interactive tools
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the addition of six publishers who are now offering content via the Knovel platform across a range of disciplines. Engineers and technical professionals benefit from definitive sources and emerging research addressing topical business challenges on a range of subjects including innovation, material selection, sustainability, compliance, manufacturing, and operational efficiency. This new content is available now on a subscription basis via Knovel.
The six publishers added on the Knovel platform are:
- CFE Media provides engineers in manufacturing, commercial and industrial buildings, and manufacturing control systems with the knowledge they need to improve their operational efficiency. CFE is the platform for content, community and applications that engage engineers worldwide to share, learn and increase productivity across all engineering designs, systems and plants.
- ChemIDplus is a chemical database provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine that serves as a dictionary of over 400,000 chemicals (names, synonyms and structures). ChemIDplus includes links to NLM and other databases and resources, including links to federal, state and international agencies.
- The European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE) is a global professional, non-profit association for geoscientists and engineers with around 18,000 members worldwide. All members of EAGE are professionally involved in (or studying) geophysics, petroleum exploration, geology, reservoir engineering, mining and mineral exploration, civil engineering, tunneling and environmental matters.
- Mercury Learning and Information provides print and digital content in the areas of science and medicine, technology and computing, engineering, and mathematics (STEM disciplines) designed for the professional/reference, trade, library, higher education, career school, and online training markets. Mercury Learning and Information embraces both traditional and innovative publishing models designed to accommodate the needs of the intended audience by using the appropriate delivery methods.
- NIST TRC ThermoData Engine: For over 70 years, the Thermodynamics Research Center at the National Institute of Standards and Technology has produced periodical compilations and electronic databases that have become source data for scientific research and industrial process design. Subject areas include thermophysical properties and transport properties of pure compounds, binary mixtures, ternary mixtures, and chemical reactions, as well as properties for classes of materials representing particular needs in academia, industry, and government.
- Princeton University Press is an independent publisher with close connections to Princeton University. Its mission is to disseminate scholarship within academia and society at large.
"Just as technology continues to evolve, so do the informational needs of engineers and technical professionals," said Jack Bashian, Director of Business Development at Knovel. "We continually work very closely with customers to ensure Knovel stays a leading platform for empowering knowledge that helps our customers make confident decisions."
By sharing their content on the Knovel platform, publishers can ensure that engineers have access to the right content when and where they need it - whether it's at their desk or via mobile devices in the field. Content available on the Knovel platform is enhanced with smarter search capabilities and interactive content and engineering tools that enable faster engineering information discovery and data analysis, including specialized data search and custom taxonomies.
Knovel is an engineering decision-support solution enabling engineers to confidently answer technical questions drawing upon trusted data from more than 120 providers through a cloud-based platform with powerful search and interactive analytical tools. For more information: contact Knovel's customer support team online or call +1-(866)-240-8174.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey- and publishes nearly 2,200 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and over 33,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries. http://www.elsevier.com
Director, Corporate Relations