SINGAPORE, April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Accessible on computer and mobile devices, medical book content available 24/7 with advanced search capability providing access to important healthcare information on the go
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the availability of Elsevier eLibrary, an e-book platform designed to help increase the productivity and efficiency of health lecturers, librarians and students. The platform will be available in South-East Asia as a pilot, and will be presented throughout Asia Pacific in the near future.
The Elsevier eLibrary delivers educational health and medical materials whenever and wherever it's required, on any device, on and offline.
"As a leading global provider of digital information solutions, Elsevier is leveraging the power of technology to provide an alternative delivery option of our quality content and information to the next generation of health and medical professionals," said Gerrit Bos, Elsevier's Managing Director of Health Solutions for Asia Pacific. "We want to provide today's tech-savvy lecturers and students with the ability to access their textbooks at any time from any device."
The Elsevier eLibrary offers clear and obvious benefits to an institution and its constituents:
- Advanced search capability improves efficiency when creating problem-based or scenario-based curriculum
- Built-in functionalities allows creative development of classroom resources
- Access to multiple eBooks helps expand content to aid additional reading and cross-referencing
- Built-in usage reports help manage and balance ROI
- Quicker search for recommended texts
- Provide students an alternative resource delivery to learn the way they choose to
- Trusted health and medical content on the go on any Internet device
- Quicker access to content and information via an efficient search engine
- Personalization of course notes through added functionalities
For Malaysia Press: Visit the Elsevier booth at Kuala Lumpur International Book Fair from 24 April to 4 May to experience Elsevier eLibrary for yourself and get a 30-day free trial.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes nearly 2,200 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and over 25,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works.
The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world-leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Director, Corporate Relations, Asia Pacific