PHILADELPHIA, February 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
"Meet the Author" events to take place at Elsevier booth #1903
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced that it will launch six new orthopaedic textbooks at this year's American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) conference taking place at the Orange County Convention Center, West Building, Orlando, FL, March 1-5, 2016.
The textbooks that will be introduced at the conference include:
- Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics, 13th edition (4-volume set) - by Frederick M. Azar,MD; James H. Beaty, MD; S. Terry Canale, MD
- Miller's Review of Orthopaedics, 7th edition - by Mark D. Miller, MD and Stephen R. Thompson, MD, MEd, FRCSC
- Green's Operative Hand Surgery, 7th edition (2-volume set) - by Scott W. Wolfe, MD; Robert N. Hotchkiss, MD; William C. Pederson, MD, FACS; Scott H. Kozin, MD; Mark S. Cohen, MD
- Noyes' Knee Disorders: Surgery, Rehabilitation, Clinical Outcomes, 2nd edition - by Frank R. Noyes, MD
- Case Competencies in Orthopaedic Surgery, 1st edition - by Rachel M. Frank, MD; Brian Forsythe, MD; Matthew T. Provencher, MD CAPT (Sel) MC USNR
- Tachdijian's Procedures in Pediatric Orthopaedics: From the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children - by John A. Herring, MD
In describing the latest edition of Miller's Review of Orthopaedics, Dr. Miller said, "Many new editions of established textbooks include only minor modifications or upgrades to previous editions. The seventh edition of Review of Orthopaedics is a complete and thorough revision of every chapter - more like a knockdown house that has been rebuilt or undergone a complete make-over."
To support Elsevier's presence at the AAOS conference, several "Meet the Author" events are scheduled to take place at the Elsevier booth (#1903) including:
- Dr. Mark Miller on Wednesday, March 2nd at 10:30 am EST
- The Campbell's team on Thursday, March 3rd at 3:00 pm EST
- Dr. Frank Noyes on Thursday, March 3rd at 3:30 pm EST
"A number of new and exciting innovations in orthopedics have appeared since the last edition of Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics - such as out-patient total joint arthroplasty, new materials and designs in joint replacement and fracture fixation systems, approaches and equipment that allow for less invasive spine surgery. We are excited to share these with our readers," said Dr. Azar.
"The AAOS conference is the preeminent conference for orthopaedic surgeons, so it is fitting that Elsevier chose this venue to launch six of our newest textbooks on orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery," said Linda Belfus, Senior Vice President, Content, Elsevier Clinical Solutions. "We look forward to presenting the most up-to-date information and education on orthopaedics to attendees at this year's conference."
For additional information or to purchase these titles, visit http://www.store.elsevier.com
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes more than 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 33,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Director, Corporate Relations, Elsevier