PHILADELPHIA, November 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Continuously updated to include latest information in the field; includes 53 new authors and several new chapters
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific and medical information products and services, will unveil the 10th edition of Braunwald's Heart Disease, the core of an integrated, multi-media learning system that provides definitive, current answers on every aspect of contemporary cardiovascular medicine, at the American Heart Association (AHA) Scientific Sessions 2014 in Chicago, Nov. 15-19.
"Braunwald's Heart Disease is written for cardiologists who need to keep abreast of rapidly changing scientific foundations, clinical research results and evidence-based medicine," said Douglas L. Mann, MD, Chief, Cardiovascular Division, Lewin Chair and Professor of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Cardiologist-in-Chief, Barnes Jewish Hospital, and editor of this new edition. "For the book's 10th edition, we've brought together new authors, including leading international experts, to provide the most current information in areas such as personalized medicine, imaging techniques, pharmacology, interventional cardiology and electrophysiology."
In keeping with the rapid pace of advances in the field of cardiovascular medicine, the Expert Consult eBook edition of Braunwald's Heart Disease is updated frequently with the results of late-breaking clinical trials, reviews of important new research publications, and updates on clinical practice authored by leaders in the field. Among its features:
- A robust update program that includes hot-off-the-press commentary, late-breaking clinical trials and focused reviews;
- New chapters such as Principles of Cardiovascular Genetics and Biomarkers, Proteomics, Metabolomics, and Personalized Medicine;
- New and updated guidelines covering diseases of the aorta, peripheral artery diseases, diabetes and the cardiovascular system, heart failure and valvular heart disease;
- The latest diagnostic and imaging techniques and modalities such as three-dimensional echocardiography, speckle tracking, tissue Doppler, computed tomography, and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging;
- Videos covering the scope of heart disease, including percutaneous coronary intervention, valvular heart disease, and cardiac magnetic resonance.
Editors of Braunwald's Heart Disease include:
- Douglas L. Mann, MD, Chief, Cardiovascular Division, Lewin Chair and Professor of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Cardiologist-in-Chief, Barnes Jewish Hospital;
- Douglas P. Zipes, MD, Distinguished Professor, Professor Emeritus, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Emeritus Director of the Division of Cardiology and Krannert Institute of Technology, Indiana School of Medicine;
- Peter Libby, MD, Senior Physician, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Mallinckrodt Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; and
- Robert Bonow, MD, Max and Lilly Goldberg Distinguished Professor of Cardiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
The editors of Braunwald's Heart Disease will be available at the Elsevier booth (#801) at AHA Scientific Sessions 2014 to meet with conference attendees and answer questions on Monday, November 17, at 2 pm and Tuesday, November 18, at 11 am. For more information, see details here.
Braunwald's Heart Disease is currently available for preorder in both single volume and two-volume formats. The print copy of the book will include the Expert Consult eBook edition. The Expert Consult eBook is now available via Inkling for purchase by itself, as well at http://www.elsevierhealth.com and at industry events and conferences, including the AHA Scientific Sessions 2014.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes nearly 2,200 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and over 25,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works.
The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world-leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Director, Corporate Relations