PHILADELPHIA, November 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Will once again offer point-of-care Continuing Medical Education credits, and highlight new diagnostic imaging textbooks
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, will showcase new features of its diagnostic decision support tool STATdx®, highlight new diagnostic imaging textbooks, and recognize several of its distinguished physician authors being honored by the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) at the RSNA 2016 Annual Meeting, November 27 - December 2, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL.
Elsevier will present two new features of STATdx®, a diagnostic decision support system for radiologists:
- User Interface Translations - Users can select a language other than English to display throughout the user interface, allowing for searches in their preferred language. Translations are available in eight languages: Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, German, French, and Japanese.
- Addition of Cine Clips - Cine clips enable users to increase accuracy and confidence in diagnosing complex cases and complement the more than 20,000 patient cases currently contained in STATdx.
Elsevier continues to offer point-of-care Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits to physicians for searches they complete in STATdx.
Among the other activities taking place at the Elsevier booth (#1104):
- Three new imaging textbooks will be featured, including:
- CT and MRI of the Whole Body, 6th edition, by Drs. John R. Haaga and Daniel Boll
- Callen's Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6th edition, by Dr. Mary E. Norton
- Imaging Anatomy: Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis, 2nd edition, by Drs. Michael P. Federle, Melissa L. Rosado-de-Christenson, Siva P. Raman, Brett W. Carter, Paula J. Woodward, and Akram M. Shaaban
- Distinguished Professor of Radiology and Elsevier author Dr. Anne G. Osborn, recipient of the first RSNA Outstanding Educator Award, will make appearances at the Elsevier booth throughout the conference to discuss the latest in radiology education and present STATdx case studies.
In addition, Elsevier will recognize four of its authors who are being honored this year by RSNA:
- Anne M. Kennedy, MD, author of Diagnostic Imaging: Obstetrics, 3rd edition and ExpertDDx: Obstetrics
- Akram M. Shaaban, MD, author of: Diagnostic Imaging: Gynecology, 2nd edition; Diagnostic Imaging: Oncology; ExpertDDx: Abdoment and Pelvis, 2nd edition; Imaging Anatomy: Chest, Abdoment and Pelvis, 2nd edition
- Christine Menias, MD, author of Gynecology, 2nd edition, and Specialty Imaging: Abdominal Imaging Pitfalls
- Ethan A. Smith, MD, author of Diagnostic Imaging: Pediatrics, 3rd edition
"The new features of Elsevier's STATdx diagnostic decision support system and new book titles in diagnostic imaging are just a few of the reasons why Elsevier has earned the reputation as a leading authority in radiology," said Linda Belfus, Elsevier Senior Vice President, Content. "We are particularly proud of the Elsevier authors being honored this year by RSNA and their continuing contributions to the evolving field of radiology."
Tweet This : Elsevier to debut new features of decision support system STATdx® for #radiologists at #RSNA16. Visit #Elsevier at booth 1104
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes over 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 35,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.elsevier.com
Director, Corporate Relations, Elsevier
+1 917 704 5174