LAS VEGAS, May 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Momentum @ EMC World --
- New EMC® Information Intelligence Group Partner Program launched to provide partners access to entire IIG product portfolio
- New "EMC Certified Solution" designation—replacing "Designed for EMC" program—enables System Integrators and ISVs to develop complete solutions and hosted services
- New EMC Information Intelligence Reseller Program enables partners who are accredited as EMC Proven Professionals to resell IIG software and services
- New Information Intelligence Services Partner Program enables certified partners to deliver installation and implementation services for IIG products and solutions
For the multimedia version of this press release and related content, please go to: http://www.emc.com/about/news/press/2011/20110511-01.htm
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced a comprehensive new program to help partners build, sell, deploy and support solutions created with Information Intelligence Group (IIG) products. The new EMC IIG Partner Program provides partners access to the entire IIG portfolio, including Enterprise Content Management solutions, Documentum® xCP and Information Governance SourceOne™ offerings, and offers a new "EMC Certified Solution" designation. The new program will be launched at the first IIG Partner Conference, part of Momentum at EMC World.
The IIG Partner Program is designed to improve the total customer experience, ensuring partners are trained, certified and fully equipped to deliver global customers the quality, value and consistency expected from EMC. The program offers partners access to solution architects and developer level support, specialized training and professional certification, and enhanced technical certification for solutions developed by IIG. Partners who have achieved EMC Certified Professional accreditation and offer EMC Certified Solutions will have greater visibility and preference with customers.
"As companies move to the cloud and explore new ways to transform their business, 'technology' loses out to 'solutions' and 'expertise.' This is why we're so pleased to deliver our new partner program and set of initiatives, as we're confident this new EMC partner ecosystem will enable customers to achieve high-impact results quicker than ever before," said Chris McLaughlin, Vice President of Channels and Alliances for IIG, a Division of EMC. "As EMC increases its focus on delivering total solutions, working with selected, certified partners gives customers the confidence to rely on us for their business-critical processes."
The program consists of the following initial elements:
- EMC Information Intelligence Partner Program enables System Integrators and ISVs to develop complete solutions and hosted services that extend, complement, or embed IIG's full portfolio. As part of this effort, EMC has launched a new "EMC Certified Solution" designation, which ensures partner-built solutions have undergone rigorous validation by EMC solution architects and a third party certification vendor. "EMC Certified Solution" replaces the "Designed for EMC" program.
- EMC Information Intelligence Reseller Program, which mirrors the EMC Velocity program, enables partners who are accredited as EMC Proven Professionals to resell IIG software and services. IIG resellers can purchase directly from EMC or from a Velocity Distributor, and resell customers a variety of value-added services such as IT integration experience, product expertise, and a specific IIG application focus.
- EMC Information Intelligence Services Partner Program enables certified partners to deliver installation and implementation services for IIG products and solutions. These partners are trained and certified to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of best-in-class installation and implementation. EMC Professional Certification is required for each IIG product deployed by these services partners.
The new EMC IIG Partner Program offers a number of value-added offerings to IIG partners, including:
- Enablement through enhanced training and professional certification: Through the EMC Proven Professional effort, IIG offers certifications for technical Roles as well as specific products and technology areas. Maintaining EMC Professional Certification is required for the EMC Solution Provider and Service Provider partners.
- Marketing investments for EMC Certified Solutions: Partner solutions that successfully achieve the EMC Certified Solution designation will be highlighted in the new EMC Solution Catalog and Solution Gallery on EMC.com. Following certification, EMC will work with partners to develop collateral, demand generation campaigns, and sales support materials and training for the global field organization.
- Opportunity Registration: This initiative boosts partner profitability by providing financial incentives, rewarding partners' value-add activities, and incenting partners' presales investment in new deals. Partners earn entitlement to additional discount on incremental deals they register as the partner of record. Opportunity registration applies whether a partner intends to resell IIG products and services alone, or jointly work with the EMC IIG sales team. When working with the EMC IIG sales team, partners are eligible to apply for Marketing Assistance Funds (MAF) through this program to offset presales investments, funding for joint marketing activities and continuing partner education.
- Streamlined Partner Relationship Management: EMC Partner Central is a new partner relationship management tool designed to help partners track the various elements of their business transactions with EMC more efficiently and with greater speed and service. With EMC Partner Central, partners can also manage their EMC profile, review channel plans, and monitor their program compliance and eligibility for benefits.
IIG Partner Conference: May 12, 2011
EMC will host a one-day IIG Partner Conference on Thursday, May 12, 2011 at the Venetian in Las Vegas. Partners will receive information on the new programs, learn details on our product roadmap and gain access to new sales and go-to-market tools. Along with launching the new Partner Program, the conference includes keynotes and discussions with IIG executives and dedicated, in-depth sessions with IIG Product Management, Sales and technical teams.
EMC will also celebrate partners' success with the IIG Partner Innovation Awards, which recognize partners for excellence across a variety of categories including innovation in solution development, customer satisfaction and design integration, and best practices in implementation and deployment.
About the EMC IIG Product Offerings
EMC IIG provides intelligent capture, case management, customer communications and governance software and services that solve even the most complex information challenges organizations face today – from information compliance and governance to streamlining mission critical business processes, on premise or in the cloud.
By connecting the right information with the right people and processes, EMC information intelligence solutions prime organizations to make insightful, informed decisions that propel their businesses forward, securely and with heightened business and IT efficiency and reduced operating expenses.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum and SourceOne are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC in the U.S. and other countries. Other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation