SEATTLE, March 21, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- In the near future, the US Healthcare Industry will be dominated by organizations who understand how to take better care of their physicians and staff. The burnout epidemic caused by the relentless pursuit of the Triple Aim is giving way to the wisdom of the Quadruple Aim – where attention is first paid to the health and wellbeing of the caregivers. A critical mass of skilled physician leaders must lead this transformation to a new healthcare delivery culture.
Dike Drummond MD created the Quadruple Aim Physician Leadership Retreat to train this new breed of physician leader. The 2018 retreat is May 13 – 16, 2018 at the Edgewater Hotel on the waterfront in Seattle, Washington. Attendees will learn and practice the proven skills to hard wire wellbeing at three levels – in their own practice, on their work teams and organization wide. NOTE: 29 of the original 40 seats are already taken by doctors from the USA, Canada and New Zealand. Download the retreat overview and reserve your seat today to guarantee participation.
Download the Complete Retreat Overview
Discounts Available for Registrations of Two or More
[ http://tinyurl.com/QuadAimLeaders2018 ]
TheHappyMD.com, Seattle, Washington 3/21/2018
The future of Physician Leadership is based on this common-sense principle: happy, healthy patients can only come from happy, healthy doctors. This obvious statement of fact, is a recent and revolutionary concept in the modern healthcare industry. This new focus on the health and wellbeing of the providers even has a new name … the Quadruple Aim. (1)
Recent studies suggest over half of all American doctors are suffering from at least one symptom of burnout. (2) Burnout has been linked to a host of negative consequences for the patient. These include more medical errors, lower quality of care, lower levels of patient satisfaction, higher levels of physician and staff turnover, more malpractice cases and even physician drug and alcohol abuse and suicide. (3)
The time is now to begin retooling systems of care to optimize the provider experience. This can only be accomplished by a critical mass of physician leaders trained in this new and revolutionary skill set.
To address this leadership vacuum, Dike Drummond MD, CEO of TheHappyMD.com is hosting the second annual Quadruple Aim Physician Leadership Retreat May 13 – 16, 2018 at the Edgewater Hotel on the waterfront in Seattle, Washington.
The retreat trainings are distilled from Dr. Drummond's combined experience of over 2100 hours of one-on-one physician coaching -- and training over 25,000 doctors for over 70 corporate clients to date.
Attendees will learn and practice the following skills:
- How to recognize, prevent and treat burnout in yourself, your direct reports and teams
- Proven tools to lower stress and build life balance for both individuals and teams
- A proven single breath mindfulness technique to become the "eye of the storm" at work
- Communication skills to transform physician resistance and build more team trust and engagement
- Tools to run much better meetings, delegate effectively, give quality feedback to direct reports
- Techniques to navigate bureaucracy and manage your boss
- The four-part Quadruple Aim Blueprint Strategy for proactive, organization-wide burnout prevention
The retreat also offers:
- 12 hours of Continuing Medical Education
- A comprehensive 12-week follow up support system to ensure changes planned at the retreat stick when the attendees return home.
The retreat location is the Edgewater Hotel, the only waterfront hotel in Seattle. Special rates are available for Early Bird Registration and Bulk Discounts are available to organizations.
About Dike Drummond MD and TheHappyMD.com
TheHappyMD.com [www.thehappymd.com] is the premier source of coaching, training and consulting to prevent physician burnout. CEO, Dike Drummond MD [www.thehappymd.com/about-the-happy-md] is a Family Physician and executive coach with over 2100 hours of one-on-one physician coaching experience. He is the author of "Stop Physician Burnout" with over 32,000 copies in print. Dr. Drummond has trained over 25,000 physicians on behalf of over 70 major healthcare organizations to date.
Client Experience Coordinator
(1) Bodenheimer T, Sinsky C, Ann Fam Med. 2014 Nov-Dec; 12(6):573-6
(2) Shanafelt TD, et al Mayo Clinic Proc. December 2015 Volume 90, Issue 12, Pages 1600–1613
(3) Shanafelt TD, et al. Am J Med. 2003;114(6):513-519.